2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as promised a list of the kit / techinque jim used to detail my baby:

Car was pressures washed, snow foamed & APC mix to strip any recent products

Wheels are going to be refurbed soon so they only got a good clean with AS G101, Vikan brushes etc

Megs LT as a lube & Sonus green clay the car was then re-washed & dried using a waffel towel & Megs LT

Test panel on the bonnet resulted in using a SFX 1 pad & Menzerna final finish on the PC.

sonus swirl buster pad & Menzerna 203S

Rewashed & dried the car after polishing and set about appling Poorboys Blackhole on the PC with a sonus black gloss pad. Then finished it off with a coat of AG HD wax.

and the result can be seen in these pics which arent mine but Jim's. Thats his ST in background

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aye the boy done good..... well chuffed

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Is it still looking as good?:D

How`s the bonnet for chip`s?Someone recomended the poorboy`s blackhole to me to help "mask" the chip`s on mine, is it any good?
Your car is shining, spot on!!

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Is it still looking as good?:D

How`s the bonnet for chip`s?Someone recomended the poorboy`s blackhole to me to help "mask" the chip`s on mine, is it any good?
Your car is shining, spot on!!

Forget the bit about stonechip`s,
I just seen on another thread you have had your front end sprayed!!!!

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Looks gorgeous

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well so far..... but its been nice today.... weather aint that good for tomorrow :( As to the blackhole he recommends it and gotta say it looks really good...... though he reckons the AG HD is the business. I got my bonnet sprayed as the chips were that bad and then got this done. I had worked away at the bonnet with AG SRP but it wasnt a patch on the machine polishing. well worth it. Depending where you are if you want the painters details and Jims as well pm me. They both work with me and do this on side and you will probably get a few quid off if you mention me.

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Thank's for the offer bud.
I'm a panel beater and I'm getting my kit sprayed this weekend by a mate.
It was a toss up between getting the colour coding or spraying the bonnet and wing's.
Just trying to get time to get it done between using it for work and thing's.
Black looks the buisness when it's had a good clean, but drive down the road and there's a layer of dust on it!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do tell!! that and bloody birds

1 - 9 of 9 Posts