2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
While I have no doubt that they will do something, I have trouble with this:

"As long as it is in keeping with the Type-R brand we will do it." he told Autocar. "But high revving has to be part of it and that's what we're working on."
Nothing wrong in working on a miracle....

·
Registered
712 Posts
I do like my diesel but really don't think they should have a diesel TypeR. The whole point of the Typer is the high revving engine.

They should still do the car but should call it the TypeD and run it along side the TypeR.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
The high revving thing will never happen. A diesel just doesn't work well at all (reducing efficiency) beyond 4500 rpm. It's just a function of piston speed, CR and time to burn the fuel. Even the famous 650 bhp Le Mans winning Audi R10 racer works at "3,000 to 5,000 rpm".

Nothing wrong in getting the new 180 bhp diesel and bunging on a huge intercooler and a BMW style twin turbo to get a very responsive, wide range 250 bhp though... :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
All together now! " To dream the impossible dream, to fight......"

The main reason I'd like it to exist is mainly becuase it'd save me messing about changing/upgrading the bodykit of a (diesel)Type S!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lovely, scary performance with fuel economy:D

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
It's just not right [smilie=notimpresse: (sigh, shake of the head).

·
Premium Member
355 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I'm hoping (selfishly :oops:) for a release date of August 2010 :D

It's not going to happen by Aug 08, when I replace this one, but 2 years on from that when it's time for another change... :D:D

·
Silver Bullet Supporter
263 Posts
I'm hoping (selfishly :oops:) for a release date of August 2010 :D

It's not going to happen by Aug 08, when I replace this one, but 2 years on from that when it's time for another change... :D:D
Screw it - I'd do it now if i could!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts