2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front discs appear to be warped as now getting a judder when braking from motorway speeds.

I have thought about going the EBC route with Turbo Groove discs and Redstuff pads, however I have found these:

HONDA Civic 2.0 Type-R (EP3) 2001-2007 - Drilled Grooved Brake Discs Sport Brake Pads - Brake Depot Limited

Now they seem similar to the Turbo Groove Discs and come with Redstuff pads for £199.99 so saving £84 than going through EBC Direct.

Now as far as I am aware the front discs and pads are the same fitment for the FN2 and the EP3 Type R's unless someone can tell me otherwise as I'm sure I've read it somewhere on here, so what would be the difference between going for these at only £135.00

HONDA Civic 2.0 Type-R (EP3) 2001-2007 - Drilled Grooved Brake Discs Sport Brake Pads - Brake Depot Limited

Now, my other questions are:

1. Has anyone had discs fitted from this supplier either on a Type R or any other make of vehicle, and if so how did the discs fair over their lifetime?

2. Do you think you get what you pay for and these discs will be cheap imports that will warp,crack or corrode very quickly?

3. Do you think the Redstuff pads would just eat these discs and they would need replaced very quickly.

I would maybe take a punt on the EP3 discs and pads set for £135.00 if I knew for certain they would fit.

What do you guys think?

·
翻訳中に失わ
842 Posts
If your discs are shot I think you should go for the stoptech/powerslot 350mm front disc kit mate which will give you better stopping power, keeps your original calipers and will look great under you 18's!........go on go on :D

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your discs are shot I think you should go for the stoptech/powerslot 350mm front disc kit mate which will give you better stopping power, keeps your original calipers and will look great under you 18's!........go on go on :D
I was hoping to keep costs down as going on holiday next month, plus I don't think I would need to go up to 350mm discs as I won't be tracking it.

Are there any other brands of discs & pads worth considering for around the £300 mark that anyone has experience of?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts