2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've driven the Type R. Prodded, pressed, fiddled, thrashed, cruised, photographed and filmed.

How does it drive compared to the Golf GTi? Is it fun? Is it usable as a high mileage vehicle? How does it perform in top gear on the motorway?

All answers are/will be here:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43350

Link will only work at 00:01 29/01/07, when the press embargo is lifted. No clues allowed till then!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
It's not a tease - we're under strict instructions which apply to the entire press, including the likes of Top Gear, What Car etc etc.

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
Pictures have been released already, and it's been at Motor shows so why the secrecy??

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I can post pictures, but not anything about how it drives. The NDA was very vague, and we didn't get a copy (!), so I'll just bung all the pics in with the review and they'll all appear together. The pics are not very exciting - I didn't manage to stick a Civinfo sticker on, for example, and then get Jayne to pose naked on the roof of the car. As MC says, the pics are everywhere, the only "secret" is what it's like on the road.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had just finished writing up a review of the car. Never mind. It can wait a week or so.

·
Registered
676 Posts
+ / - ????

the only "secret" is what it's like on the road.
OK, Pottsy don't say anything, just give us a small secret signal like:
Is it + or - ????

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Given that Honda are reading this - I fear that the free 2 CTRs they are going to lend me this year* might be in jeopardy if I give even the tiniest hint - soz!

* OK, so it was just an idea ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
After the 29th I'll answer any questions regarding dynamics etc. As has been said, NDAs exist for a reason and I'm not going to be the one abuse the trust Honda has in me.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had just finished writing up a review of the car. Never mind. It can wait a week or so.
Charlie - is yours one of the 3 red pre-production cars? Or have you got a "real" one? If it's the former, I'm sorry but I let one go in your new car ;)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Given that Honda are reading this - I fear that the free 2 CTRs they are going to lend me this year* might be in jeopardy if I give even the tiniest hint - soz!

* OK, so it was just an idea ;)
OK OK!!!! :D:D

Don't say anything... I am sure it was ++++!!;);)

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Well I've driven the Type R. Prodded, pressed, fiddled, thrashed, cruised, photographed and filmed.

How does it drive compared to the Golf GTi? Is it fun? Is it usable as a high mileage vehicle? How does it perform in top gear on the motorway?

All answers are/will be here:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43350

Link will only work at 00:01 29/01/07, when the press embargo is lifted. No clues allowed till then!
Well thats just not fair!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
The Non-Disclosure Agreement refers only to "Driving Impressions". Without those, any "review" is merely a list of specs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
wow it has to be ++++ 'cause pottsy couldn't wait to tell us that he has been driving the type r!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts