2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, i thought ive would try driving to and from work as economically as i could in my R.... Its a round trip of 200km or 124 miles.

For the first time i managed to not vtec on a single trip, hard but worth the cause of science :p

Its a good measure because i measured from home to office and back home, so no height difference in total.
Its a mix of A, B and C roads, maximum height difference on the trip is about 2-300m so a few hills.

As you can see from the picture i managed 7,1l/100km. Converted to Mpg it is aprox 40Mpg! (factor is aprox 5,6). Anyone better?
I was actually quite impressed! :D But usually i do like 8,5-9l/100km.
It might even impoove slightly as its not fully run in...

Allso i have studded tyres 225/40/18, dont know how that affects economy though, positive or negative, but i should think negative...
Should mention AC was off...

As for oil use it havent used a drop of oil on the first 4500km (2800miles), and ive been running it quite hard from day 1 (according to running in post for racing engines), freequently vtecing and making it work, mostly drive B and C roads.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
467 Posts

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Ive never had better than 29 mpg on a 500 mile average . The oil has never need to be topped up & ive done 3500 miles

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Ive never had better than 29 mpg on a 500 mile average . The oil has never need to be topped up & ive done 3500 miles
I can`t seem to get any better than 32mpg on a long run, my average mpg is around 26.
(This could be down to my driving style, boy that Vtec engine sounds good[smilie=cheeky-grin:)

I have done 1650miles and my oil has never had to be topped up!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I can`t seem to get any better than 32mpg on a long run, my average mpg is around 26.
(This could be down to my driving style, boy that Vtec engine sounds good[smilie=cheeky-grin:)

I have done 1650miles and my oil has never had to be topped up![/quote]

I've done 120 miles today, mainly motorway use, but got 42 mpg. :)

·
Banned
165 Posts
I am averaging approx 26mpg.

32mpg when driven on motorways.

But I have achieved 40+MPG once, and that was driving like an OAP.

I'd rather hear the VTEC noise that worry about MPG.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ive driven a 100 motorway miles and managed 35mpg with aircon on - cruising around 75. But then today i did afew short trips around town and left the engine off for a while inbetween & got 17 mpg!

in spirited driving i usually return around 27 mpg.

I love driving it hard but it is a nice car to chill in too & play the 'economy game'.

Should mention ive only done 500 miles so the cars still being run in

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am averaging approx 26mpg.

32mpg when driven on motorways.

But I have achieved 40+MPG once, and that was driving like an OAP.

I'd rather hear the VTEC noise that worry about MPG.
Yes i have only done this once, just for the fun of checking...
Never again i guess, to vtec hungry ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts