2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been other threads on the firm suspension but has anyone had it "softened" by Honda, in fact can that be done and at what cost?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Why would you want it to be softer??? Its a type r. It needs the hard suspension so you can go round corners like its on rails. Thats what a type r is all about. Not out right speed but the handling!!!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I remember seeing this thread a while ago about Koni FSD shock absorbers. Koni claim they give the best of both worlds in terms of handling and comfort. Unfortunately they still don't do them for the FN2. :(

Maybe have a word with ABP Motorsport - Civinfo or TDI North - Civinfo and see if another manufacturer does something similar. :idea:

·
Registered
610 Posts
You really don't need it any softer. You need to get the spring rates changed on this car!

You can get adjustable damping with kits like the HKS setup but for me it was the cost.
I fitted the Eiback pro kit and it transformed the ride. Kept it firm but stopped it bouncing all over the place on bumpy roads.:cool:

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Forgive me for sounding a little surprised here, but why would you want to soften the suspension of the CTR? I thought the idea of the CTR and other like it was to feel the real racing car effect?

I am not criticising just fascinated :D

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Do you think you may have bought the wrong car ?? Surely on the test drive you would have noticed just how firm / hard the ride was instanatly ?

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
I know there have been other threads on the firm suspension but has anyone had it "softened" by Honda, in fact can that be done and at what cost?
Honda do a type R with softer suspension, they call it the type S.

Seriously as the cost of a type S is less than a type R then the cost to change may be less than adjusting the suspension and then paying higher insuarance for having a non standard car and weakening the trade in value.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts