2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of my on going re-imagined 'Type S' version of the 9G on my Sport model with cosmetic changes. I have sourced and ordered a Type R rear wing and will get it fitted and re coloured or possibly wrapped in Carbon Fibre.

Photos to come on it's arrival

Very exciting!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice mate! Color looks also great! How went the drilling in the booth?
We weren't able to drill yesterday because the drill we tried was not strong enough / not the right drill bit. Today i got a loan of a more powerful drill and proper bit and it went smoothly. It's on rock solid now. Thanks for your help btw!

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I know everything is down to personal taste, but In my opinion, the ugliest part of the Type R is the spoiler (its the main reason I wouldn't/didn't choose it)

When I ran my old FN2 type R I was always amused by "R lookalikes". At the time I thought, "Just buy the real thing" especially when the 1.8 petrol upon which most were based wasn't exactly much better on fuel or much cheaper.

That said, if you like it, ignore me and crack on!

PS - Really like the grey!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect it wholeheartedly. I personally love the rear wing. It's nto to make my car "look" like a Type R car, for me it's more about "What would I like to think Honda would have made the sport trim look like if they kept the Type S Brand?" Of course i'd love to be able to own a Type R but I cover a lot of miles every week and it wouldn't be worth it even if I could afford one. My plan for the car is to make it look and sound as cool as I can imagine it to be, that's all that it comes down to really. My own imagination, then again with most car modifications that's the general theme. I was considering painting the wing to match my polished metal grey colour, but since it's been installed as is I love the black colour and it contrasts well with the black trim and wheels I have on the car already. I ain't done yet!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking good there matey. Any chance you can upload a pic showing the entire rear end in shot. Always wondered how they look with the oem rear skirt. Loving the Type S badge too.

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does it fit straight on? With only 2 drilled holes.My dealership says The type R has a diffrent boot lid.And They Kinda refuses to help.They apparently contacted Honda who said That They don't know if The type R spoiler would fit on a normal civic from 2015.

·
Registered
9 Posts
At first when I saw the type R with the wing i wasn't really a fan, now that I look more at it, i really love it! Something that i'm considering because we don't have the FK2R over here in Australia. Might make mine stand out a bit more as well :D

1 - 20 of 78 Posts