2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning all,
Long time since I've posted, I used to have a Type S GT a few years back, however I've moved back to the civics after a while in a Quattro A3! I currently have a Type R GT, non satnav, with the optional bluetooth (which only works for phonecalls).

Anyway to cut to the chase, I have an iphone 5, and a spotify account, and I'm looking for a way to stream my music, preferably via bluetooth to my stereo. I've been looking at the dension units, and the parrot asteroid units also. Does anyone have any experience with either of these (especially with spotify)? Basically in an ideal world I'd like to be able to change tracks etc by using the steering wheel controls/standard HU, and still keep a oem look to the dash (a reason why I'm not too keen on the parrot units as I don't really want to drill holes in the dash to mount the screen.

I've also looked into fm transmitters, as I had one for my type s, but are there actually any good ones out there that you get decent enough sound from? Get the feeling there's gotta be a better solution than having one of these surely?

Any help anyone can give me who's had a similar issue would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Kev

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
I have a parrott Mki9200 and havent had to drill anything. I fitted the screen to the right of the clock by running the cable under plastic trim and the remote control is mounted to the top right of the gear knob trim (I have the 2.2 so its slightly bigger than the CTR)

Its good like you can stream music through bluetooth or you can plug it in to play music and it will charge.

Also you have the option of a line in aux or use a USB & SD Card with music on!

Its easy to install mate and its a top product I reckon even though people have their grumbles about it

Just a heads up you've posted this in the 9th Gen section mate :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah okay cheers, glad to hear there's no holes to drill! Could be an option then! And it was an easy install to do yourself I take it?

Haha yeah I'm sorry about that! I literally just noticed that as you were replying! Any chance the mods could move this to the relevant section? Cheers.

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
Yeah mate its pretty simple just be brave taking it off.. Sometimes it doesnt want to play but you should be fine theres plenty of how to's on here.

Easier if you've got a trim removal tool to get into the part above the radio under the clock because that was the biggest pain for me. It felt like it was going to snap but I just prised it from all edges and it was fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts