2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so has anyone done an LED swap on the tail lights of their FN2 or mk8 Civic? (Entire rear set of lights)

There's so much out there in terms of different makes and brands and I haven't been able to confirm 100% what size the car takes. Has anyone done this with much success?

Also am I correct in thinking it's just plug and play?
I'm reading alot about people getting a CANbus error when updating to LED, can anyone shed some light on how you would avoid this?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
If you have the manual it should give the sizes & types, someone on the TypeR owners forum did do a complete list, there might be one on here.
Civic 8G does not have Canbus so no problem there.
I have replaced all the rear lights on my FN2 with LED except the indicators, these need bulbs with resistors added or built in to stop them going into hyper flash.

Try Aurora bulbs, the Forum vendor.
also you can get an LED kit for the interior lights from ebay Civic 05-15 FN2 Type R Full LED Interior Light Kit - Bright White Xenon 7107717796349 | eBay

and Aurora do a replacement for the boot light that is like daylight

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have the manual it should give the sizes & types, someone on the TypeR owners forum did do a complete list, there might be one on here.
Civic 8G does not have Canbus so no problem there.
I have replaced all the rear lights on my FN2 with LED except the indicators, these need bulbs with resistors added or built in to stop them going into hyper flash.

Try Aurora bulbs, the Forum vendor.
also you can get an LED kit for the interior lights from ebay Civic 05-15 FN2 Type R Full LED Interior Light Kit - Bright White Xenon 7107717796349 | eBay

and Aurora do a replacement for the boot light that is like daylight
Thanks for clarifying!
Do you remember what size the rear tail lights are by any chance? Wouldn't want to get an incompatible style :)
Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Here is the list of bulb types so you get the right one, hopefully the scan is readable.
The bulbs for the FN2 are more or less the same as the ordinary 8G cars (except for rear fog I beleive)
As for getting one that is not too long to fit that can be a bit of trial and error.
The only ones i had trouble with were the reversing light and the number plate light.
The outboard rear lights have plenty of room and you can get rear/brake combination bulbs in red

Attachments

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I have changed all tail light bulbs to leds. Indicators was the trickiest part, because they require load resistor and therefore adaptors to avoid hyperflashing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the list of bulb types so you get the right one, hopefully the scan is readable.
The bulbs for the FN2 are more or less the same as the ordinary 8G cars (except for rear fog I beleive)
As for getting one that is not too long to fit that can be a bit of trial and error.
The only ones i had trouble with were the reversing light and the number plate light.
The outboard rear lights have plenty of room and you can get rear/brake combination bulbs in red
That is PERFECT! exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out :)
Seriously thank you again Wilmo, you rock!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts