2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a random post really but is it just me or are there more and more FN2's on the road these days? I always used to notice there was plenty of focus ST's and Golf GTI's but never many FN2's knocking about. I'd like to think I've come to the conclusion that maybe the CTR is the best all rounder as a reason for it being so popular? or it could be because of the sudden devaluation over the past 18 months?

Still for me...there is no better looking hot hatch on the road, even though it does only feel warm at times :\

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I see plenty of Civics on the road, not many Type-Rs though. Not round my way at least.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see loads of civics, always have done really but see loads of CTR's recently. usually it would be because of me just having bought one, but I've had mine nearly 2 years.

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Plenty round my end.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
suppose common means Honda have done a decent job on the car. Although i dont like being common lol

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
The Civic is cheaper to run than pretty much al its rivals. Prob a contributing factor.

As for the warm comment, buy a Martelius! I doubt anyone wouldnt be happy after one of those!

The Civic should never really be enjoyed in a straight line, the corners are far more fun! Ive had faster cars but very quick can still be boring! (Scirocco R & dads RS6 are very good examples of this, the Aston Martin is nowhere near as fast as the RS6 but alot more exciting with the exhaust note being very present and a tighter cornering experience!)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
surely the Fn2s rivals are easier to enjoy out on the streets with their straight line power from turbos. harder to push a car to the limits on a corner than on a nice straight where the power can be put down

·
Registered
307 Posts
surely the Fn2s rivals are easier to enjoy out on the streets with their straight line power from turbos. harder to push a car to the limits on a corner than on a nice straight where the power can be put down

the civic is lighter and doesn't suffer any turbo lag so its "nippier" than some of its rivals.....a short nose means a nice quick turn in as well...

·
UKDM
779 Posts
Is it not because there is a trend of people making type s look like fn2's and also later models come with colour coded body kit?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nah certain they are type Rs, can just tell. You do see some look-a-likes mind. I see one after another all the time now lol

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
ive noticed this recently for years there was myself and a lass up the street with one in the last 6 months theres at least 4 more now and fev is quite a small town

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I always like to do an autotrader search with these things. Their are usually around 400-450 used FN2's on sale at any point in the country. Compare this to an e46 330ci where their may only be half that.

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
During my four years of ownership, i've seen less then 10 FN2's on belgian roads. Other 8th gen civics are also a rarity.
I've seen 6.

Three MR, one CW, one black and one silver.

Yes it's that easy to remember when u hardly see them.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
I see the same Milano one quite regularly, but not many others. It's one of the reasons I swapped my CTS in for a Milano CTR... looked awesome when I used to pass it on a morning.

Saw a CW one at work a few months ago in the distance turning round a corner, so no idea who owns it! Never seen it parked up either, but we've got a fair few carparks so it could be hiding :p

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
through newcastle, gateshead and sunderland i see loads. I don't see many VXRs around. a few more in recent weeks but still i feel as though i see loads of FN'2, granted some of them may be the same but i have no regular schedule for work so im never around anywhere at any specific time

1 - 20 of 20 Posts