2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am wondering if the garnish ring on the type r gear surround will fit on the type s gear surround? Because if it does would this not mean that you can add just the garnish ring and gaitor part to the existing type s gear surround to look like a type r one?

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Cammy seems to have a done a pretty good job thus far.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Hello, I am wondering if the garnish ring on the type r gear surround will fit on the type s gear surround? Because if it does would this not mean that you can add just the garnish ring and gaitor part to the existing type s gear surround to look like a type r one?
I believe you have to replace the whole centre gear surround. There might be something in the how to section. Sorry I can't give you a link as I'm only on my phone.

Reactions: civicnewbie

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right ok thank you for all the replys!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
It's just a swap easy peasy. Krowmar what roof lining got a pic I'll get it changed straight away lol

I'll get me richmond out again.

the type R roof lining has red stitching around the little passenger roof handles. Also has a small red R under each one which you can only see when you lift the handle up

Not many people know this as its quite a subtle difference.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I'll get me richmond out again.

the type R roof lining has red stitching around the little passenger roof handles. Also has a small red R under each one which you can only see when you lift the handle up

Not many people know this as its quite a subtle difference.

Lol that's annoying me now may need to get one lol seriously though that's it? I'm still taking the crown for fully type r interiour lol

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Lol that's annoying me now may need to get one lol seriously though that's it? I'm still taking the crown for fully type r interiour lol

Nah im just messing with ya mate.

but tbh a faux black suede roof lining with red stitching would look the absolute nutjobs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep I have manage to find the parts and I have fitted it in my car:) looks good and very happy! Took a bit of time with the panels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.