2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, newbie here with a question if anyone can help...

I have a 04 Type R and need a new grill (dam rock went straight through mine :mad:)

After speaking to honda they quoted me £150, so after scouting on eBay I have found one but it is from an 03 plate. My question is, will this fit onto my car? I know the badge is bigger on the facelift model but are there any other differences? Also is there anywhere anyone can reccommend I could get an 04 grill that will be a bit cheaper than honda?

Cheers in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
You'd probably be more likely to get an answer to your question on Welcome to CivicType-R Owners as that forum mainly caters for your Civic model. This site is moslty about the new CTR FN2 model.

But to give you the answer, the pre facelift and facelift grilles are not interchangable. The front bumper shapes around the grille are different. I see you've been on Ebay, plenty of salvage facelift CTR model on there, just pop them a message asking how much for the grille. Make sure you ask if all the clips are fine. Or you could buy a Mugen replica grille. Hope that helps.

·
Go with the Flo...
1,139 Posts
yeah its different, this is my 03 sport, as you can see on the pre facelift there is a body colour 'bar' between the grill and bonnet. i believe the facelift grill goes right to the edge of the bonnet.

and yeah, bit random having EP questions on here. :D

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
This site is moslty about the new CTR FN2 model.
It's actually about all of the 8th Generation Civic Euro Civic range, not just the CTR FN2. :D

But we have a section about older Civics too, as some of our members used to (or currently) own these.

·
Registered
479 Posts
What about at a breakers yard? I know my local one has a previous model type R there. Might be able to pick one up cheap if your local one has one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts