2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question for all you good folks who have fitted the type r grille badge regarding different methods of fitting : is it worth paying to have the bumper removed at a garage and put on properly ( maybe 30-40 quid or so )? or for those that have done so does it stay on once applies with super glue gel or hard as nails or such ( fiver)?

only asking as i went to do it via the bending grill out method as many have done on here and i aint the most light handed and broke 3 out of the first four push up clips ( £2 quid a pop i believe) and gave up before i lost patience

is a genuine question as i know some have applied by "sticking on " and some have had done at stealers
thanks in advance and keep teckin :cool:

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I just glued my type s badge on, that was about 7/8 months ago, and its still as strong as ever. Just make sure you use a strong glue you should be fine

·
Registered
631 Posts
I glued mine on over a year ago, all good so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09 Milano ctr no turbo required..

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I just undid the clips and fitted it as per instructions by putting my hand behind the grille, I wouldn't pay someone for doing it.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I just glued my type s badge on, that was about 7/8 months ago, and its still as strong as ever. Just make sure you use a strong glue you should be fine
+1. Used a glue and despite my initial worries and frequent checks it is still going strong a year later!

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
No and it can only be purchased with the side stickers. It's around £60 for the kit. :(
If you twist the dealer at purchase you can specify that it comes with stickers and badge.

I believe some people have had them on collection without asking, others have asked and been denied, and then there are those who did not ask and did not get!

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Man, that sucks.

Is that buying thru the stealers? or are there people on here who can provide the badge and stickers?
eBay. :D

There are (obviously) varying levels of quality but still a significantly lower cost than from a dealer.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
If you twist the dealer at purchase you can specify that it comes with stickers and badge.

I believe some people have had them on collection without asking, others have asked and been denied, and then there are those who did not ask and did not get!
The art of haggling. :D

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I must admit Honda have made me consider it on at least one occasion, well actually a dealer rather than Honda in general.

Back on topic though there are various posts (a quick search will find them) about both the stickers and the badge.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
many thanks for replies fellas , very happy that "sticking it " has given good results think i will use hard as nails tape and seal round edge with uni super glue gel ...... would love to have been able to pull grille forward but fat fingers and short fuse would of resulted in cost going threw roof ha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts