2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Picked up a new Milano Red Type R GT on Saturday, what a great car!!!!

I realised on Saturday that the car had privacy glass fitted to the rear side windows but it was not until looking over this site tonight, and the Honda site, that I have realised that these are probably not standard.

I didn't order the privacy glass so I am beginning to wonder if I managed to luck a freebie.:D Is this normally a cost option?

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
All Type R's come with slightly tinted side windows.

I never heard of an option "Privacy glass" like you have on CR-V. Which is really black glass.

An option you gan get is a kind of removable sunprotection visors that give the impression of Privacy glass.

Can you show a picture?

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
All civics are mildly tinted from factory, guessing maybe S & R's have a slighlty darker tint to look sportier and more menacing????

Tom

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I've thought this as well, the rear side windows are quite tinted, although not quite privacy glass dark. Depends on the angle you look at them.

On this picture of mine, the back windows do look quite dark.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Mine appear darker than most, but possibly because I'm in black not silver???

Tom

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I don't think mine is, maybe because the inside of the rear is dark which would prob give a darker effect

Attachments

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
I ordered Privacy Glass for my car and it is done at a cost of £400. The glass is really dark on the rear sides and the main rear screen, but they don't do the lower section under the spoiler because thats plastic. I think it looks great :)
See for yourselves below. Before and after

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
I ordered Privacy Glass for my car and it is done at a cost of £400. The glass is really dark on the rear sides and the main rear screen, but they don't do the lower section under the spoiler because thats plastic. I think it looks great :)

Was that ordered direct from the factoy? or have you had an aftermarket company tint them for you? £400 seems very expensive too for 3 windows.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
£400??? you joking? That was a rip off. Cost me £99 to get mine done.

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Was that ordered direct from the factoy? or have you had an aftermarket company tint them for you? £400 seems very expensive too for 3 windows.
It looks like factory black glass.

That's why they are called stealers.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
that does actually look really swish with the lower part of spoiler without the tints ;)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
going to grt mine done today

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Yeah 35% is a perfect amount, very classy.

Yep £40 a window. A company in Exeter came over to me in Yeovil and did them only took like 2 hours and the finish is perfection i cant find a fault at all and im in the motor trade lol

Going in today to get my fn2 booked in to have lower rear window tinted woo hoo :cool:

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
You could tint it with a spray though.

Tom

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
had my fn2 tinted 35% alround

£40 a window
Looks nice mate [smilie=thatworks.g:

I like the plastic section un-tinted because it's good for reversing at night or dull weather.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
You can tint the lower rear window its just not a good idea because the tint will hold the heat from the sun in the screen (this is ok on glass windows, not so good if they are made of plastic) over time this will split the screen. this is because the tint contanse metal and this traps the light, darker the tint the more metal it contanse

I found this out when the chap who tinted my windows phoned up the Pendragon help line. So this is correct no arguments [smilie=cheeky-grin:

Im gunna risk it because i had one of the first fn2 and had it tinted the week i bought it so i believe when i got the info about the splitting rear windows info would have been based on a standard civic. . without the rear spoiler. . see where im going. . I reckon the spoiler will shelter the rear lower screen from the sun so everything will be ok and hey if it isn't then i'll just buy a new screen when it splits at least i had tried [smilie=thatworks.g:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts