2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help and the quicker the better, my friend has just fitted some lowering springs to his type r and due to the car being on a ramp he has taken both front struts off at once. Now he has come to put them back on the car he can't remember what way the 2 arrows on the strut top face. Left to right or front to back??? I'm sure when I did mine they pointed left to right but want to double check as getting it wrong will screw up the camber/handling

Thankyou in advance

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I need some help and the quicker the better, my friend has just fitted some lowering springs to his type r and due to the car being on a ramp he has taken both front struts off at once. Now he has come to put them back on the car he can't remember what way the 2 arrows on the strut top face. Left to right or front to back??? I'm sure when I did mine they pointed left to right but want to double check as getting it wrong will screw up the camber/handling

Thankyou in advance
Will it? Considering that the top "triangle" on the strut top will rotate independently of the damper I can't see that it would matter. However I'm very willing to be corrected!

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will it? Considering that the top "triangle" on the strut top will rotate independently of the damper I can't see that it would matter. However I'm very willing to be corrected!
The strut top is slightly cambered so thought it would make a difference but your response does make alot of sense, thankyou

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
The strut top is slightly cambered so thought it would make a difference but your response does make alot of sense, thankyou
arrow goes to the outside of turret pointing from front to back of car
I didn't notice a camber on mine and so haven't a clue how I oriented them when I replaced my springs - can't say I've noticed anything adverse with the handling but guess it'll get picked up when I go for an FRS.

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
I didn't notice a camber on mine and so haven't a clue how I oriented them when I replaced my springs - can't say I've noticed anything adverse with the handling but guess it'll get picked up when I go for an FRS.
have to agree! if this is important can you take pics and post them in the "how to" for changing springs?

sent from my phone

·
What ya at
848 Posts
its just emphasis that the top mount bolt farthest away from the other two must be centred/lined up with the shock absorber lower mounting bracket opening before attempting to install it.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Thanks for that - if that's the case I'm not fussed. I know my spring is correctly aligned because the damper is in the same orientation and the spring matches into the bottom seat correctly.
The top is then on correctly; and from the difficulties I had in getting the 18mm nut off I remember that the top triangle rotates completely independently on its own bearing.
As such, I know that regardless of my arrow the spring is correct - no issues.

Thanks for the additional PDF, the top-down view was really confusing me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.