2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just done an online quote based on the outgoing Type R .
Fully comp., everthing clean, max no claims, garaged, annual mileage 3k only.
£203.
Being a 'old git' does have some compensations!
Sorry all you young un's.:D

·
Registered
975 Posts
someone i know to be rumoured to have orderd one is going to be paying 7500 a year

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I was thinking about getting the new one when it comes out, but I will have only been driving 3 years when it is out, im 21 and I wrote my car off last February and was to blame as the only other things involved was a brick wall and some ice, so I will have 1 year no claims (hopefully).

I think im going to have to put the thought of the Type R out of my mind :(

·
Registered
421 Posts
i know i have asked this before but does anyone know what insurance group this is going to be in yet??

·
Registered
421 Posts
thank you very much, thought it would be something like that ,just wondered if anyne knew for definate.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm only 22 but when I did a quote it came back as around £50 a month more than what I'm already paying, which doesn't seem to bad to me.

I'd suggest if people are paying it off monthly (who has £2000 to pay off insurance right away?) that they check out Virgin car insurance. They do the great trick of not charging you interest every month, so although the yearly premium might be the same as another provider, the monthly costs are lower overall.

Might just help people who are looking to save a bit of cash on the insurance front

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Never used Virgin car insurance, so no idea if they are any good - But I beleive they also offer 10% discount if you buy online?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts