2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find that there Type R stutters a bit just after being started on a cold day ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
slight hesitation i get but thats only until the auto choke cuts off after thats its fine.

It does seem to rev higher on choke than all my previous cars.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Try V Power

I had a problem with a flat spot on mine, now I only use Shell V power and it seems to be OK,,,,,,maybe try this as a solution to your problem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I recently put Silkolene Pro S 4W-40 oil in and noticed it helped a lot with cold starts and juddering. I also change gear early to keep revs low till the engine warms up, that stops the juddering also. Stops the other half whining for a bit [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yep, mine does this - I guess just a characteristic of the engine?

Absolutely fine after a few mins driving, though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It did it quite bad today, going to try v-power and see if it is any better. If not I'll be asking the dealer

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
It did it quite bad today, going to try v-power and see if it is any better. If not I'll be asking the dealer
Good luck in finding some V-Power. I tried getting some a few weeks back only to find that they didn't have any :( (in Edinburgh that is)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried Musselburgh ? I just filled up with regular unleaded today so won't be till next week I need to find some

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Its well worth using V max on a high tune engine like the CTR to keep the engine free from deposits. BP Ultimate and other brand equivalents are probably just as good if you can't find V max.

I haven't noticed any stuttering on mine. It just takes a bit getting used to the 2000rpm tick over for the first few minutes.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Can't really think of any BP garages in Edinburgh. There must be some somewhere, just not this side. Every shell garage used to have v power but the suddenly charged 15p more than normal unleadeds and suddenly people stopped buying it. So no sales has lead to them stopping stocking it.

There was a post like this not too long back and I had tried almost every shell garage in edinburgh. They all must have thought I was mad just driving in and then driving out cause they didn't have what I was after.

They always put it at the back pump too which used to really irrate other drivers waiting. Usually greeted with someone telling me to move up when I had the mini and having to point out that the stuff I needed was only at that pump so they would just have to wait.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
I do think that the owners of the shell garages around edinburgh became very greedy. I did ask when it jumped so high overnight why and the lad behind the desk said there is a drive on it from shell at the moment and its become really popular. But it was then it started to dip.

I was down south last weekend and it made me laugh to see that the price of unleaded was the same a diesel up here!

·
Dandy Don
170 Posts
V Max is about 7p a litre morethan uleaded where I am. I was in Aberdeen recently and they had an offer of V Max for the price of unleaded on thursdays as a special offer.
I never knew that!!

I just filled up with V-Power yesterday in Aberdeen (Wellington Road Shell station), I had just under quarter of a tank of regular unleaded left before fill up, and there is a noticeable difference in the engine when cold!

Stewart

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh well so much for being a V-power club member ! It's been a while since I had to buy it so never realised it wasn't stocked anymore in Edinburgh

·
Registered
587 Posts
I always use V-power now, it does make a difference. It also helps giving the car a regular motorway blast everyday as it stops the engine clogging up. For some reason when its really cold the car does hold back slightly, its always done this until its warmed up?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts