2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I do not know where to put in this thread as it is a red Honda logo I thought that I put it here, iff admin thinks I am wrong please feel free to move it, sorry.

I was very disappointed when I recieved my key for my FN2, no red Honda logo on it... I was thinking are they joking me... What is all the talking in the brochure about the red Honda logo, the racing, the heritage etc. I complained at my dealer (he did not care) I complained at Honda Benelux (they did not care either) luckily there is Ebay where I found a canadian guy selling red Honda logo key covers, I ordered a few and guess what...

Original Honda part, yep I paid something expensive what you could order at your local dealer. Anyway a friend has done some research and found out this number so he could also order one for his car.

Is there anybody here who could ask his dealer for the Honda part number for the official Type R shirt and jackett in Large and ExtraLarge, here they do not know anything about those accessory-line.

Many Thanks

Cheers,
jvhlux

Attachments

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
I'd be interested in one of the key covers :eek:

Sure I've seen something on here which said that it wasn't available in the UK??

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
He's not in the UK though! ;-)

Where is the merchandise shop online???

Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

Your local Honda dealers should be able to order the key-cover with the number on the pic as it is a original Honda part. Print it out and take it with you or send it by email [smilie=cheeky-grin:

About the merchandising I have seen it also on ebay UK, the seller doesnot wanna give me the Hondapart number, maybe somebody could ask their local Honda dealer to get the numbers... That would be great, I would prefer to order in Luxembourg as VAT is lower [smilie=cheeky-grin:

[url=http://stores.ebay.co.uk/HOLDCROFT-HONDA-AND-SUBARU]eBay UK Shop - HOLDCROFT HONDA AND SUBARU: HONDA, SUBARU[/url]

Iff anybody would like to buy parts here and have them send to the UK feel free to send an pm.

Cheers,
jvhlux

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
S18_TypeR has ordered that back as have I......He contacted Holdcroft re the Red H back and they said that they have been asked a few times but Honda will not allow this to be sold in the UK which does seem a bit mad!

But Honda UK's loss is someone elses gain :)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
S18_TypeR has ordered that back as have I......He contacted Holdcroft re the Red H back and they said that they have been asked a few times but Honda will not allow this to be sold in the UK which does seem a bit mad!

But Honda UK's loss is someone elses gain :)
Where have you ordered it from Angie :?:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey,

I cannot see the price, if I am correct it costs 12 euro at the Honda dealer. If you would order at your Honda dealer with the part number he will not know what he has ordered and therefore you might still get it ...

Anyway if more people are intrested in the key cover maybe we can set something up ....

jvhlux

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Hey,

I cannot see the price, if I am correct it costs 12 euro at the Honda dealer. If you would order at your Honda dealer with the part number he will not know what he has ordered and therefore you might still get it ...

Anyway if more people are intrested in the key cover maybe we can set something up ....

jvhlux
Thats not how it works, when you give them the part number they have to put it into the system to make sure they can order it, at that point they also get a description of the part.

If Holdcroft can't get it then I doubt that any other Honda dealer can. When they say you can't get it in the UK because HUK won't allow it, then its probably the truth!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pardon me, but the UK is not the whole world, a german friend ordered it through his local dealer and he got them ... As far as I know and experienced the local Honda dealer can order any part for any Honda, he just needs the number, he is not able to see any infos on the part be he can order it.

jvhlux

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Pardon me, but the UK is not the whole world, a german friend ordered it through his local dealer and he got them ... As far as I know and experienced the local Honda dealer can order any part for any Honda, he just needs the number, he is not able to see any infos on the part be he can order it.

jvhlux

I don't think Angie is claiming the UK is the whole world, but Holdcroft Honda are a good dealer and very helpful. If they could get it they would sell it. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
23 GBP is a bit more then the price tag at the Honda dealer, the german friend paid something like 8 GBP for it, and please note that the pic is from the german friend who recieved the key cover from his local honda dealer

cheers

jvhlux

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
23 GBP is a bit more then the price tag at the Honda dealer, the german friend paid something like 8 GBP for it, and please note that the pic is from the german friend who recieved the key cover from his local honda dealer

cheers

jvhlux
If you want to try and set up a group buy for these key covers then do some research and let us know what it would cost for you to order them and send them to the UK. I am sure there would be plenty of CTR owners who would be interested.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts

jvhlux
Excatle I am not stating anything about the UK being to whole world, I am stating the fact that YOU CANNOT GET THIS PART FROM A UK HONDA DEALER!!!!

Did you get that this time?

Also the Honda dealer CAN see what they part is, well from my experiance in the UK they can. Give them the part number and they confirm the item just to make sure that you've not got it wrong :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I did not mean it in an bad way when I said that, just tried to say do not generalise, thats all.

Holdcroft did not wanted to give me the part number for the shirt and the jacket so that I could order it here where there is no post and packing to be paid for and less VAT, I am not saying that the are no good. Even iff you are good you can try harder

CAPS DOWN thank you

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I did not mean it in an bad way when I said that, just tried to say do not generalise, thats all.

Holdcroft did not wanted to give me the part number for the shirt and the jacket so that I could order it here where there is no post and packing to be paid for and less VAT, I am not saying that the are no good. Even iff you are good you can try harder
I think we know you are only trying to help. :D

As I say if you are willing to supply these to UK members let us know what it would cost including postage. ;)

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
My mate is obsessed with everything Type R at the moment and he tried his dam hardest to get the part from his local dealer and Holdcroft.

If Honda UK will not allow them to sell this in the UK, what other action do you suggest we take? Go to Swindon and knock on the door demanding them?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts