2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, if the same as me you think the new Type R looks great but a little too 'samey' as the S. Well worth paying the extra and adding the 19 inch Rage alloys, front,rear & side protectors along with the rear difuser and new front spoiler. Makes the car look amazing as the pic from the brochure shows. Never been a fan of the new civic in red but with the extra 'bits' it looks great. Very tempted to put an order in but will wait for the test drive first to see if i can get used to having the rev the 'nuts' out of the engine to get anywhere after having the effortless pull of the 2.2 Ictdi.

Attachments

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
Now that does look sharp. I'm still trying to work out if the diffuser etc is fittable to the standard 5 door. any thoughts anyone?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
must admit...

as I've posted elsewhere, I'm not a great fan of the mesh between the front lights :(

but when combined with the mesh in that new front spoiler, it does work very well :)

Nice wheels too :)

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
I'm undecided on the mesh, I do think it makes it look sportier but do I prefer it to the perspex? Not a chance! How long before we see some coloured perspex? The darkened version was nice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Uhm hi everyone, i am new to this forum. and i like it very much as i am considering purchasing a type R

i was wondering how come i cannot view the image though. when i click on the image it tells me to log in again or i dont have priviledges.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I want one... aarrgh no money... mind you if they did that look with a 180-200bhp version of the 2.2... I think I would have to sell a kidney or lung or something... and that's just for the insurance!

Cheers

Elis

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thats nice, must be someway of getting the body kit onto the five door. However isn't the Type R (and S i think..) slightly wider at the rear than the rest of the range, or is it just the rear track thats bigger... who has a brochure to hand...?

Also those wheels...? how much and will they fit???
[smilie=huh-ani.gif]

·
Banned
34 Posts
The 19" wheels cost me £950 extra. I cant see why they would not fit a five door.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice one, where did you find them....looks even better with the high quality pics.....

In answer to parts fitting the 5 door.....all parts will fit, 3 door is the same size externally and the 5 door only the rear track is wider hence the slighty wider rear arch extensions. The only stumbling block to putting the parts on the 5 door will be the cost.....all parts are listed on the Honda accessory page but no prices. Going on the cost of the 5 door kits (grand prix pack etc at around £1500) it will not be cheap. To make the 5 look like the R, you would need the front bumper extensions, the grille, both side skirts and the rear bumper / diffuser, rear spoiler plus the body potectors....

Parts link

http://www.honda-access.com/uk/en/intro.jsp

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice one, where did you find them....looks even better with the high quality pics.....

In answer to parts fitting the 5 door.....all parts will fit, 3 door is the same size externally and the 5 door only the rear track is wider hence the slighty wider rear arch extensions. The only stumbling block to putting the parts on the 5 door will be the cost.....all parts are listed on the Honda accessory page but no prices. Going on the cost of the 5 door kits (grand prix pack etc at around £1500) it will not be cheap. To make the 5 look like the R, you would need the front bumper extensions, the grille, both side skirts and the rear bumper / diffuser, rear spoiler plus the body potectors....

Parts link

http://www.honda-access.com/uk/en/intro.jsp
Question is, will Honda fit them for you ?? Or do u have to order the parts and fit them yourself ??

·
Registered
136 Posts
I really, i mean REALLY want this image pack on my 5 door civic. It simply looks amazing! That rear diffusor is ace and the whole pack looks more racy than the 5 door image pack.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts