2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even down to the side decals.. Didn't catch the reg but was in Trafford park around 4ish

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
When driving back from Sumo Power we spotted exactly the same car your on about. Had everything an FN2 should have but..... it was a 5 door!

They'd even gone to the trouble of buying a rear Type R badge! It sickened me to look at. What a fake!

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When driving back from Sumo Power we spotted exactly the same car your on about. Had everything an FN2 should have but..... it was a 5 door!

They'd even gone to the trouble of buying a rear Type R badge! It sickened me to look at. What a fake!
Lol with the money they spent surely they could of bought the FN2?

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts

Such a fake!

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
That one has no Type R decals or badges so its all good. Its when people start putting badges on cars of which they clearly aren't, thats my problem with them.

Its like transvestites, dressing up to look like women but really they're just guys.

·
Registered
383 Posts
People with Type S put Type R bits on it......Why are people bothered if some one wants to make there car look like a R? Its mainly to make it look better then what it was anyways!

:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But why claim to be a better I can understand the visual aspect but why put the badge on it like when you see a cheap BMW with a M badge I just think what a ****?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
But why claim to be a better I can understand the visual aspect but why put the badge on it like when you see a cheap BMW with a M badge I just think what a ****?
+1

But it does not need the M badge to make me think that lol :worms:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Who said it was better? lol

Its been done as a replica, a practical Type R? Good idea really, fair play to him/her :cool: Rather see them driving about then the standard one!

At the end of the day, its not a Type R! Its a look a like as clearly that person couldnt or didnt want/have a type R. Why stress about it......sad :popcorn2:

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who said it was better? lol

Its been done as a replica, a practical Type R? Good idea really, fair play to him/her :cool: Rather see them driving about then the standard one!

At the end of the day, its not a Type R! Its a look a like as clearly that person couldnt or didnt want/have a type R. Why stress about it......sad :popcorn2:
Tbh mate I think you were the one stressing the most, all I'm saying what's the point? Clearly we both have different views.... And I think it's just wrong claiming to have something you don't!

Not bothered to look at your sig but have you got a "replica" haha and we have hit a nerve ;)

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
puppy vtec don't understand where your coming from at all. Its like owning a 1.4 Golf and sticking a GTI badge on. You just don't do it. Don't have a problem with people putting anything on their cars to make it look better, whether it be from a Type R or not.

The problem comes in when they decide to fork out for a Type R badge, front and rear so that they want every driver around to own a 2.0 Litre monster and not a 5 door ES or EX model. They've clearly gone to a lot of trouble to make it look like a Type R, fair play but in my opinion sticking the badge on is like pretending to be somebody your not. I'd just like to be there when he's at the lights as a VXR or similar pulls up wanting to see whos the fastest.

Anyway puppy vtec, how is Thanet?

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Puppy vtec, what in god's name are you even chatting? Any mod is absolutely fine - hell, even go all out and transform your 5-door to a full type-r replica. But you NEVER ever put on a Type R badge. It's not a Type R, so don't put a Type R badge on it.

Don't even put a Type S badge on it - or an SI badge. It's none of those cars, so you saying that it's fine just doesn't make sense. Bet you're standing there with a slush puppy thinking we are idiots, but everyone I've ever met - in the car world - has this view. You just don't do it. It's like putting an M-badge on a 2.0-litre 1-series.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I kinda agree... I would never try to make my EX look like a type R... If I'd wanted a CTR I would have bought one... But I wanted toys and luxury, not performance. I'm proud of the fact I have the top of the range 5dr.

But I also can see why some type S owners want the look of the R, but sticking the badge on is a def no no!

·
Registered
383 Posts
My car looks nothing like a Type R :popcorn2:

I had it colour coded as i didnt like it looking like a Van, there isnt one part that my car states Type R? Yes i do have CW alloys but whats wrong with that?

All im saying is that people stress so much on this site if someone puts a a type R part on there non type R, why bother? why just not wait till when you see it at the lights? you know its not a type R so thats all that matters lol

Personally i wouldnt put a Type R badge on....never said i would, but i wouldnt let it bother me as much as you guys do lol :popcorn2: nothing states you cant do it....

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I'm with the majority on this one - fitting a Civic with body parts from a different model is fair game ...

There's a few 5-door versions in here with the Type S \ R bodykit, and they do look very good indeed ...

Same with someone who fits (say) current 1.8 "Si" body parts to their older 1.4 i-DSI model ...

All these sort of mods. - assuming they are well done ! - just lend interest to the Civic experience ...

BUT - don't slap on 'fake' badges - that's just totally naff !!! ...

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
I think its funny when people buy little things to put 'special' badges on, like buying a mugen brake reservoir sock and then thinking you have the right to put a mugen badge on, or when i had my proper john cooper works mini, seeing some div think because he has a gear knob and some wheels he can put the jcw badge on.

the more people that do it the less important the brand/model becomes. I have made an effort and sacrifice to get a proper type r. I admire the car for what it is. If i had a lesser car it would be a lesser car, yet i could always aspire to have a type r or the like.

At the end of the day if he wants to have a car plastered in type r badges anybody with half a brain will know its wrong and just think hes a div.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts