2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have been looking at insurance prices and have concluded that I could get insured on a type s for a good price. I am a young driver and can not afford insurance for a type R under no means, so please no responses like "If youre going to spend the extra on body parts just get a type R".

Basically I will hopefully be getting a Milano Red Type S, But I want it to look like a Type R. Please could someone help me in determining which body parts would need changing to do this?

So far all I can think of is trim colour coding
19" Rage alloys
Type R Front Grill
Front and Rear bumpers (or are they the same)??
What about lights (front and rear) ?
Roof spoiler

So is there anything i'm missing here? Any help appreciated.
Thanks

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Hi and welcome, (at the point of typing this I'm not sure if WC will get in first!!)

The front and back bumpers and side sills are the same on the type R as S but colour coded. The rear light cluster (in the middle) is a different colour. No roof spoiler am assuming you mean boot spoiler.

Good luck and enjoy the civic ..... whatever you get :)

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah Right, I was under the assumption that the bumpers were definitely different. So by the sound of things this is all I need to do:

Take car to bodyshop to get front bumper, rear bumper, and all side trims colour coded in Red.

Then fit boot spoiler.

Buy and fit rear cluster (could someone please give me some more info about this, such as link or ebay link)

Wheels

Front Grill

And thats it?

Oh and also, does anyone have any pictures of a Type R Replica on here based on a type s?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
If you're going to go the whole hog, then there are a few more bits to it than that...

The skirts - yes, identical, just painted.
The rear lights are completly different, as the R has fog lights in a different place to the rest of the models. Not impossible by any means, just a bit more complex than simply swaping one for the other.
Also, on the R, the rear indicators are clear not orange (this is a much easier swap than doing the middle section - 10 minute job).

And obviously the rear spoiler and grill as you know :)

Then you start to move into the interior - seats, dashboard lights, door cards, gear stick and surround... :D

It really does depend on quite how far you want to go :)

There are several Type S's on here which have had skirts and spoilers, couple with clear rear indicators too, but not sure if anyone has gone as far as the rear centre section as that is (from memory) an awful lot of money for what it is :(

check out the gallery section for some stunning pics :D

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Good luck matey, all I'll say from reading on this forum is get the colour coding done properly, have read somewhere that someone has had trouble with the paint coming off ......... am sure one of the forum guru's out there will post the thread for you :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you're after a replica, then remember the Type R has no sunroof, so that's a non GT spec Type S I think you want. But you will then lose out on a few 'toys'.
Don't forget about the 'standard' 18" alloys on the Type R, they look good too.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
....... or you could go for a GT in nighthawk black so the pan roof isn't as noticable and get all the gadgets ......... hurrah for gadgets, have I mentioned I like gadgets ....... mmmmmmmm........ gadgets!

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Welcome to the madness , i might be cheaper to buy a R

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Hello. At the risk of sounding a bore, if your insurance is an issue then check what effect all your proposed mods would have on the premium. There's no way you could not declare them, unless you wanted to be illegal (i.e. uninsured). So you may find making too much of a replica might land you back with your original problem, and with a car that might be hard to sell, however much you loved it.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
take a look at mine, ive done a full cosmetic conversion and more...i.e taken it further than type r standard

1 - 20 of 28 Posts