2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Stumbled back across Ivoke's in the gallery - he has done the R rear light section :D

But there is an issue with the fog light (as mentioned), as the R uses a dual fog / brake light whereas the other just have a brake light, with fog in the central bit :)

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for all the help so far.

I just want to confirm a few things please:

If i get a red type S could i do all of the following...
-----
Colour code all the trims and bumpers

Buy and fit black splitter set

Fit type r spoiler

Fit 19" Rage alloys

Fit front type r grill
-------

and then the only other things im not sure about are..
what parts do i need to change on the rear of the car? Side indicators... anything else?

Do i need to change front headlights?

I think thats it :)

Thankyou!!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Right, just spent the last 2 hours trying to figure it all out myself but still havn't sussed it.

It is the splitters that are confusing me..

Will the type R splitter upgrade kit fit on the type S?

So I get it done like this?.... Get car colour coded, and then fit the type r splitters (is it called the image pack?) straight on?
Thanks

·
Honda Man Steve
663 Posts
Hi!

I have been looking at insurance prices and have concluded that I could get insured on a type s for a good price. I am a young driver and can not afford insurance for a type R under no means, so please no responses like "If youre going to spend the extra on body parts just get a type R".

Basically I will hopefully be getting a Milano Red Type S, But I want it to look like a Type R. Please could someone help me in determining which body parts would need changing to do this?

So far all I can think of is trim colour coding
19" Rage alloys
Type R Front Grill
Front and Rear bumpers (or are they the same)??
What about lights (front and rear) ?
Roof spoiler

So is there anything i'm missing here? Any help appreciated.
Thanks
check out my type s to type r conversion in my bud thread.....

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I’m not trying to burst your bubble but what’s wrong with leaving the car as a Type S? It’s going to cost a small fortune to really make it look like a Type R and you will be adding exactly zero value onto any future resale value.
The Type S as standard is still a great looking car, looks even better with wheel arches colour-coded. There is a front and rear splitter you can add as well as decals. Much cheaper and (imo) more appropriate to the car than trying to turn it into something it’s not.

Anyway - just my take on it. Best of luck with this.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I know as a young driver insurance is an issue, but have you done a quote through the online places for a proper Type R? Only asking because it actually worked out cheaper for me to insure the R than it would a Type S or a regular mk8 😳 the R has thatcham Cat 1 security from the factory, which insurance companies love, have a look you might be surprised at the cost 👍🏻

21 - 28 of 28 Posts