2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

This probably isn't a common fault but others may have had it..

I was cleaning my car at weekend and noticed that the black plastic mesh in the centre lower part of the front bumper is gradually coming away from the actual bumper

Anyone else had this and have you just left it or can you recommend a good solution or strong bond to hold it together?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure I haven't unless something has hit it but would of had to of been a pretty big bang

Will get dealer to have a look when in for service

·
Registered
171 Posts
Noticed this on mine the other day when washing it. On the passenger side one of the top clips and 2 on the bottom have popped out. Without taking the bumper off i cant see hoe to get them to clip back in as anything i try just pops back out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Noticed this on mine the other day when washing it. On the passenger side one of the top clips and 2 on the bottom have popped out. Without taking the bumper off i cant see hoe to get them to clip back in as anything i try just pops back out.
Had this problem when a base from a flattened small road cone came at me like a skimming stone from under a wagon.... braced myself heard the thump and pulled over fearing the worst!

Luckily some of it's speed had gone and it hit the mesh straight on pushing the base back and popping it out of the clips.....

Anyway after much trying to pull it back into place I realised that you need to push it in a fair bit before it pops back into place...:facepalm:

Mind you it took a fair amount of pressure and I was worried it might break!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Had this problem when a base from a flattened small road cone came at me like a skimming stone from under a wagon.... braced myself heard the thump and pulled over fearing the worst!

Luckily some of it's speed had gone and it hit the mesh straight on pushing the base back and popping it out of the clips.....

Anyway after much trying to pull it back into place I realised that you need to push it in a fair bit before it pops back into place...:facepalm:

Mind you it took a fair amount of pressure and I was worried it might break!
When i tried pulling mine back into place i could feel it was close to breaking so gave up. When the sun comes out ill take the bumper off and have a good look.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts