2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The metal Type R badge on my official mats keep coming off and they are extra-fiddly to try and put back on, anyone got any tips?

thanks

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
i cant say this has ever happened to me but im wondering if superglue is an option??

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Unforunately no tips, sorry mate. Could take 'em to the dealer (If they are new-ish, and complain about the quality, perhaps?)

I never have any decent weather to actually use my premium mats - still using my cheapo Halfords mats. Only when I clean her, do I put them back in for a couple of days before I swap 'em back for the cheapos.

I deally looking to get some official Honda Rubber mats.

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
Not had any bother with my mats yet (only had the car a week though) but the minute I saw the logo there I knew it was likely to come off after a few weeks. The logo just seems to sit right where my foot goes when I climb in and being raised up makes it easy to catch it with my shoe.

Not sure the best bet as the mats look so good so I don't want to take them out but I work on a muddy site so am thinking of getting sa rubber one for the driver's footwell in the meantime. Maybe superglue is the best fix for it but be careful if you go that route as it'll damage the carpet if you use too much.

Andy

·
Banned
365 Posts
I never have any decent weather to actually use my premium mats - still using my cheapo Halfords mats. Only when I clean her, do I put them back in for a couple of days before I swap 'em back for the cheapos.
Never understood why people do this? Trying to keep them like new for the next owner?? I go mountain biking with mine and after a quick hoover they're like new again.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Mine are like new after almost 2 years of ownership even though i drive in all sorts of shoes even ones with tall heels which can ruin mats :rolleyes:.
I did use rubber mats last winter though as i have to park in a very muddy car park at work.

Like others have said i would try glueing the badge as well as using the fixings or if they are newish take them back.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Morphious345 take them back to the dealer mine kept coming off for ages as the badge only had a small press on stud on each side of the badge. Drove to the dealers had a little moan and they replaced the full set under warranty front and rear, the new mats now have a metal plate along the rear of the mat behind the badge and the pins are pressed over the backplate so would be surprised if it came off again. hope that helps. :D ps had mine from new nearly 2 years ago and dealer never batted an eyelid.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
yeah mate,definately take them back if theyre less than a year old...maybe even 3 if you had them fitted at pdi.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Morphious345 take them back to the dealer mine kept coming off for ages as the badge only had a small press on stud on each side of the badge. Drove to the dealers had a little moan and they replaced the full set under warranty front and rear, the new mats now have a metal plate along the rear of the mat behind the badge and the pins are pressed over the backplate so would be surprised if it came off again. hope that helps. :D ps had mine from new nearly 2 years ago and dealer never batted an eyelid.
Solid advice mate, thanks.
I'll be rolling onto the forecourt tomorrow lunchtime! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts