2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One little irritation, the Type R mat for the drivers seat keep catching on the clutch and is now freyed and rubbing into bits on the corner... :(

It wont stay down and is fixed in but the mat fixing is loose and rattles, the mat will not stay to the left and is too short if anything, as where the clutch is depressed it 2mm or less away so if the mat moves up slightly it will catch and pull up when i lift off the clutch...

Its actually DOING MY HEAD IN...i know the mats were free but for a £90 add on or whatever they are i want them to be right...

Can anyone with the same mats take a pci so i can see how they are fitted in another car please?

Also if you could take another near the clutch...

Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
I have the oridinary mats in my civic and the fixings dont rattle and are quite solid, it sounds like yours have worked loose causing the mat to slip, why not go back to the dealership and get them to fix it to save your sanity ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well today i decided to see what i could do, i took the plastic trim from the right side seat strut...

The mat fixing was not even screwed in, was rattling around, hadnt even been tightened... :(

So i used a 10mm spanner and a 4mm allen key, tightened up and now it doesnt move lol...

Mat though is still catching on my clutch so im going to dealer tomorrow before work...

:)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm strange, anyone got another pic, will have to take one myself...

:(

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well dealer couldnt help...told him that the mat holders were not screwed in right but i have sorted this, for which i got an apology...

This morning my dad got me some sticky velcro strips so ive attached it to the top of the mat...

PROBLEM SOLVED....all smiles now...although i shouldnt have to do this tbh...

Got and PM from member called Poacher who had same issue...

Velcro seems the way forward to solve this little niggle.

Cheer ppl :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts