2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered what mileage other folks CTRs have done.
Want to try and get a feel if mine's high or average.
Also wondering if everyone elses servicing is done religiously as per Honda's schedule.

Mines 4 years old and has done 66.5k.
Had last service 3k ago by Arnold Clarke Nissan before I picked it up.
The more I read about Valve Clearnance Checks the more I suspect this hasn't been done. Am wondering if it can wait until 75k, or if I should pony up the £93 Grangemouth Honda want for doing it now.
Also thought I might wait 3k more and perhaps have it done then along with engine and gearbox oil change.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Mine is also 4 years old and is at 40k, although only 7k with me in the last year. It is going in for a full service this Friday with Honda as it will be the first time since I have had it and I want to make sure it is done well. I will be supplying the oil and filter though.

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, mine's been about and back it seems.
On the up side, I do less that 12k year so the mileage shouldn't rack up as quickly as it did with the previous owner.

I've been wondering if I could buy the oil and filter and get the garage to use those parts. I take it a Honda dealer will have no issues doing that?
Even thought of buying the complete major service kit from Cox and handing that over to them. lol

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Mine is an 07 plate and is on 37k was on 34k when I bought it in November.
Will be having mine serviced at TDI, Honda should not have a problem with servicing it using your parts, but check first.

Sent by me

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
2007 57k miles

·
Registered
102 Posts
58 plate, just turned 40k the other day. I wouldn't worry about miles.

My EP3 drove exactly the same with 63k on the clock as it did when it had 40k

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you only 'thank' a certain number of folk per thread? lol
Megabreath, Warwick and Grogan are missing out on thanks.

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup you can only do so many a day then youre barred ;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Damn, I'm gubbed then. lol
And there was me trying to be nice to all our fellow club members for responding to me.
Think we need a "Like" button with unlimited uses. :)

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Mines a 57 plate with 33,000.

My friend has an EP3 (same engine) and it has 93,000 on the clock as he drives a fair few miles everyday and its never had a problem in the 5 years he has had it. its still on the original clutch!

It still clings on the back on back of mine, so i wouldnt about it.

Its one of the major factors i chose to get a Type R - mechanically they are sound.

·
Type R Supporter
320 Posts
Mine's a 58 Plate bought it last month with about 33,500, up to about 34,300 now I think.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts