2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering who`s Type R has the highest mileage?

Also at what point do you think the engine completely freed off?

Mine has only done 1200 miles, The engine feels as if it still has to free off!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine has just come up to 16000, since May, noticed a difference in sound after around 3000 miles but seems alot better after the first service which I had late due to no time that was 14000, seems alot more free revving now and sounds great :)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Mine has done 3100 miles in two months. I am going to end up exceeding my insurance estimated mileage of 12,000miles a year at this rate. No doubt I will have to pay extra.

The engine feels a lot better than it did at 1000 miles.

No idea when it will be fully freed off. I have heard 12 to 20k for similar high output 16v normally aspirated engines (ie Clio 182 etc). However formula one engines never get to this sort of mileage before reaching their peak ?? Any expert opinions on this ?

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I've had mine 10 weeks. Have 2600 miles on it. Haven't checked the oil yet :oops:. Honda recommend Castrol Lubricants. 10W - 40W or 0W - 30W in the CTR? Mixed opinions... Can feel an improvement in performance in comparison to when I picked it up.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I've had mine 10 weeks. Have 2600 miles on it. Haven't checked the oil yet :oops:. Honda recommend Castrol Lubricants. 10W - 40W or 0W - 30W in the CTR? Mixed opinions... Can feel an improvement in performance in comparison to when I picked it up.
Had mine 4 weeks and done 615 miles. I think as well as the engine lossening off, you get used to driving it and start to enjoy it more the more you drive it, I certainly am :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Had mine 4 weeks and done 615 miles. I think as well as the engine lossening off, you get used to driving it and start to enjoy it more the more you drive it, I certainly am :D

5000 miles in 4 months, mostly commuting, but some long summer hol trips.

No oil usage so far. Oil still looks very clean too.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Service tomorrow

First service for me tomorrow as it is now just coming up to one year old.
Only 6,000 which is about average mileage for me.
I do feel it gets better with age, unlike its owner!
Off to France for a couple of weeks, so wanted to get it all done before I go.
Never had any problem with it whatsoever [touching wood].
Handbrake never failed.
Fantastic car. Just hope they give it a good showroom shine!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Only done 346 miles in mine ........... I need to get out more and stop cleaning, waxing, sealing, washing, toweling the damn thing !!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
mine is up to 20k now, and it roars as these cars should, also with the help of the Hondata ECU, the engine has a lovely note!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mine is up to 20k now, and it roars as these cars should, also with the help of the Hondata ECU, the engine has a lovely note!
My R was in for it`s first service last Saturday, I have olny done 3800miles,
Sounds like its going to take a few years to get the engine to sound like yours;)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Mines done 7k now ,sounds awesome with a little help form my Miltek zost

1 - 20 of 29 Posts