2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. So I may still have 6 days until I pick My R up but I am bored as hell tonight and thought I'd start this off to give me some ideas for the future...

What should be the first modification or upgrade for the CTR?

Cheers

:D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Full ABP FRS...transformed how my car handled and its what the car SHOULD feel like anyway...not expensive and won't affect resaleability of your car at all...the best thing thing I could have done to my car and believe me...I've done loads!!

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
My previous modded cars I have always started with the chassis first. But I suppose it all depends on what your priorities are and how much dosh you have

·
Registered
39 Posts
these guys are taking the piss, go check what gass says, but first put some miles on her and p;ick your fights carefully, should be fine for the 1st year!!!Welcome and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
these things as standard are like being on rails, i wouldnt touch the suspension IMO
You are joking and obviously never driven a car that has had suspension and tracking mods done.

Standard car is like driving a bouncy castle and understeers at any corners.
Get the eiback kit on and geometry corrected and its a different car and really does handle like its on rails.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
these things as standard are like being on rails, i wouldnt touch the suspension IMO
The FRS is only setting up the suspension properly.
I gather you have not driven one with this done.
It transforms the car in more ways than you can imagine.
IMO..Its better than any other mod you can do providing youre not pottering around town all the time

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow didn't think this would have been such a controversial thread! Cheers for your opinions guys... Think I will play with her as she is for a fair while then will consider the frs ... And maybe the metal fuel cap lol!

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
best getting the basics done first before doing any engine stuff..i shouldve done that...

brakes are weak in my opinion..get them sorted...then suspension and you will be laughing!!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
robbo and tpw

im asuming the majority of his miles are covered commuting to work
not really on the track, for what we use our cars changing the suspension
is merely for looks for day to day (unless of course you go on track days) and unless of course you drive a people carrier then yep im sure it would help on a day to day drive,

·
Registered
610 Posts
robbo and tpw

im asuming the majority of his miles are covered commuting to work
not really on the track, for what we use our cars changing the suspension
is merely for looks for day to day (unless of course you go on track days) and unless of course you drive a people carrier then yep im sure it would help on a day to day drive,
Thats rubbish. If you can say hand on heart the ride is perfect then you haven't driven many so called "performance" cars or previous Type-R's.
Stock ride is awfull. Slightest undulation and its like sitting on a jelly.
Yeah the shocks are stiff enough but they compromised it with fitting soft springs. Its one of the whinges that was voiced about the old car being too harsh and crashy so they compromised.

I fitted the Eiback 15mm drop springs and it really does change the ride. Height difference isnt really noticable but the ride is now firm without being harsh and the bouncy ride that made me and passengers feel ill has gone.

You really need to go in a car with decent springs on.;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
lol... i had an apex set up on my vectra...lol..it was good, but no not had the good furtune to take a performance car for a drive

i myself find this car fine i only notice the bobbing about when i have pasangers in the back

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
hey guys i have the gt limited edition champ white, im not that technical and have no experience in cars better than the 1 i have now. im looking to put an induction kit and maybe tighten the understeer up any clues? make it simple i dont understand your abreviations haha thanks u lot

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
If I had the money it would be the suspension and then the brakes that I would change, IMO the two weakest points on the car (after the paint)

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
well for the hardcore driver suspention and brakes I guess but for driveability I thought the hondata was a excellent day to day driving mod. Also the wife thought it was much better with the hondata as she didnt want to over thrash the car to get past things.
When I have time I will go for the FRS but its just fitting it in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sounds stupid but all my cars where BMW's until I brought a CTR this year as my 2nd car for weekend fun, so I not that familiar with Jap mods.. Whats FRS Geometry mod???

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Sounds stupid but all my cars where BMW's until I brought a CTR this year as my 2nd car for weekend fun, so I not that familiar with Jap mods.. Whats FRS Geometry mod???
FRS = Fast Road Setup, it's basically adjusting the geometry of/for the way the wheels sit & point (Toe, Camber) - Although they basically look like all other wheels on all other cars on the road - having the geometry done will ensure the wheels are sitting and pointing as accurately as possible to the correct/manufacturers setting. This will in time, if nothing else, ensure that Tire wear is even.

The FRS, on the other hand, is a form of geometry that is applied to the wheels to ensure that the driver can enjoy a more spirited/agressive driving approah in the confidence that the geometry of the car will allow for the best handling possible.

It's possible that an FRS, could cause the inside of the tires to wear quicker than the rest of the tire due to the negative camber - this shouldn't be mistaken for uneven wear though.

In essence the wheels would look something like this / \ .

Depending on how aggressive the camber is, and how the car is driven, it is plausible for the aforementioned wear to occur, imo.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts