2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm soon to be trading in my Type S for a Type R, just would like a but of info on what mods can be done to effect a bit if performance and looks but on a budget really
Thanks

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Type r + mods = addictive and expensive :), Once you pop you can't stop
+1

First mods are always small then lead to bigger stuff. :-( i already started looking at dc5 brembo upgrades. I have burn marks from the holes in my wallet lol!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
905 Posts
Personally I'd go for handling and braking mods first then maybe a nice quality exhaust for some sound. One of the most over looked mods which I've noticed not many people have on here is the final drive. Increased acceleration, 6 hours install and around £350 for the final drive and bearings if required. Acceleration on a budget :)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Personally I'd go for handling and braking mods first then maybe a nice quality exhaust for some sound. One of the most over looked mods which I've noticed not many people have on here is the final drive. Increased acceleration, 6 hours install and around £350 for the final drive and bearings if required. Acceleration on a budget :)
Depending on your final drive, you lose top end. ;-)

Cheap upgrade to get acceleration though. :) :beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A low budget lol I don't plan on doing to much to it I was just wondering if there were any small but effective mods I could maybe spend up to £200 after couple months saving lol
Cheers guys

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Eibach springs & fast road set up is the best and cheapest mod that has the most noticeable effect but you are looking at £500 ish.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Eibach springs & fast road set up is the best and cheapest mod that has the most noticeable effect but you are looking at £500 ish.
couldnt agree more with this - would definately be my first mod if i was to start again. sorts the ride out a bit (less crashy over bumps) and handles brilliantly.

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
I'm going for looks first then spend under the bonnet, the way I see it is people see the car first they dont see under the bonnet, brake upgrades are a waste if you don't increase your power as the discs are excellent but the pads aren't so if your concerned upgrade the pads for now. On a budget wind deflectors would be my 1st then some light tint also try to get a type r with the Gp pack already on as this is a must for the fn2 looks stunning, if not spend 300 odd quid on a bronze kit and then spend 80 quid getting it re-sprayed

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
How much are the eibach springs set roughly?
Another off topic question how much is tax on a type R?

You could get just the springs and then FRS later as an option of keeping lump sum costs down... As Coste1l says about £150 just for the springs plus fitting

Tax is about £260 I think.. goes up every year at the moment!

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
You could get just the springs and then FRS later as an option of keeping lump sum costs down... As Coste1l says about £150 just for the springs plus fitting

Tax is about £260 I think.. goes up every year at the moment!
I taxed mine yesterday and it was £148 for 6 months :(

Cheap and nice Mod - Footwell lights from the Traders section on here or make your own at Maplin both costing about £16.

£200 may get you a HKS racing suction kit if on pops up cheap on here, that will make you smile.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
definately handling mods, springs and fast road setup. That's what I am planning to do to my stock CTR first.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts