2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post and i am new to the forum. Its a lovely forum

i went to a honda branch about two weeks ago where i saw a type r covered under red blanket. but they wouldnt show it to me. they instead invited me to go back in the evening for drinks and for the unveiling of it lol.

but instead i came back the next day and had a look

The guy i was speaking to told me that if i placed a order for the NHB gt model i will get it in 3 weeks so their computer system says. He also said to me that it comes with the red carpet, ipod connector and the bose system as standard. but after reading forum i guess he was wrong. [smilie=tongue.gif]

i did take a couple of pics while i was there though. the car is beautiful.

But i wont be getting one until the summer :(

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
For me, black/bronze (same thing really) and red look great. I had a good look round a silver the other day, and to me it looked a little dull.

But then it's a personal thing...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome keemeng and what a first post those pics are great looks beautiful in black can't wait to see my red one. I’ll post some pics on Friday or Saturday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i had a look at the bronze colour. quite interesting that it looks black on a dullish day but brownie in the sunlight. The interior gotta be the best thing for me on the type r. it looks amazing.

can anyone confirm, is the insurance group a group 17 for the new type R?

I hope not higher :(

·
Registered
110 Posts
Group 17, yes.

Regarding colour, I actually think the bronze does a good job of imitating black when it's dull while allowing the definition of the kit to come through. I feel the NH black doesn't quite show off the body features enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Silver is quite nice in the flesh - but I still ordered Red. (Thanks to Yeomans Honda Bognor for the use of the car ;) )

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
is it just me but i dont like the front grill they have used around the honda badge. everything else is great.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I will soon own one exactly the same!!!

But will put my personal touch on it, some aftermarket 19's

Cant decide weather to get black wheels with chrome lip, or all full chrome!

And ofcourse, will black out window's!

:D:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
thanks Keemeng for the great pictures. i've got a silver 05 type r, and had silver cars for the last 7 years. Def going for the new CTR in a few months, deciding on the colour for me is the hard bit.
I was probably going with NHB, allthough silver again? fancy a change.it looks the bizz in your pictures. cant wait to see one in the flesh.

great forum, thanks to all.

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
Looks great in NHB. I quite like the silver, obviously biased as my current one is silver. Not keen on red cars at all, the Civic (and Ferrari) are the only red cars I would consider, but not when black is available!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have been driving in a dilver car for the past 5 years. now i fancy a bit of the dark side so will def be getting a black one hopefully.

i always liked the red one on the old ctr. i wasnt really fond of the type r when i saw images of them. but when i saw it in the flesh i was in lurve..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts