2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First post reserved for photos, when it been cleaned

Purchased on Saturday 4th February 2012 with 29,800 miles on the clock and FHSH with paperwork from Honda.

Specification

Milano Red
GT Spec inc A/C, Auto Lights and Auto Wipers etc...
Factory Fitted Sat Nav and HFT (Hands Free Telephone) with Voice Control
Full GP Pack
19" Rage alloys
Premium Type R mats

Modifications

Tinted Windows (not sure how dark as already done, not very dark though)
Debaged "Civic" removed
Richbrook alloy Tax Disc holder (Twist off version)
Logo'd Number plate surrounds
Pressed Metal Number plates with Personalised plate

To be continued...

Photos

The Day of arrival, covered in snow

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well my collection of bits and modifications have started already

First off is the Richbrook Tax Disc holder (twist off version), this was in the car already but falling off. So I have took it out and give it a good clean up and removed a sticker that was on the rear, to change it for an updated version I am waiting to come from Mook.

Next is a new leather gear gaitor, as the one that was already in had the usual wear just at the top at the front.

Then a genuine Honda iPod adaptor I managed to purchase off another forum as Honda don't do them anymore I have been informed, need a further cable for this though before I can fit it and the dash needs to be pretty much removed

Also on the gadgets front is a camera for the rear of the car to be used as a reversing camera, just waiting on a cable I need to connect it to the built in Sat Nav unit, then it will display on the Sat Nav screen when reverse is engaged.

Then the nice people at the DVLA (for a change) have done my plate transfer the same time as registering me as the new owner of the vehicle, so I have been able to put my personalised plates on within a week

So I decided to go for something different than the usual plates and ordered these pressed metal ones with the GB badge (for when a Euro trip arises) coupled with some surrounds with the Type R, Mugen and Honda logos at the bottom.

Also when I purchased the car unfortunately the owners manual was missing, so I hadn't got a clue how to change things and use the various bits of technology. Well I was pleased with myself on last Sunday night as eBay came to my rescue. I had found this auction just after getting back from picking the car up, so I was going to make sure I got it as it had all the manuals for the whole shabang, complete with the usual owners manual, but it had the Sat Nav manual and iPod adaptor too complete with another folder, so I got it for the starting bid so I was well chuffed.

Now I have a full and complete set of documents, the main bits of paperwork was present though including fully stamped service book and paperwork to back up the services from Honda and previous MOT. The owner actually got the MOT done early for me so I had a full 12 months.

Also I had a call from Honda in West Brom this morning to say a part had arrived, so quickly put my plates on as I had already informed the insurance company and shot down there.

JDM Yo!

They are JDM covers that replaces the back of the keys, and has a Red H instead of a black one. Not sure why the Type R didn't have this to start with but anyway, expensive for a bit of plastic but a little touch. Also I think I knew I would be back in a Type R and kept my "R" keyring, although its the previous R its been on all my Type R keys.

Also plates and surrounds added, will have to do them properly as I only did them quickly so I could fetch the above, but its freezing out there.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Looks really nice mate, whats the future plans?

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Priority at the moment is FRSU and getting it looking mint again, some bits I need to sort before I will be satisfied. Don't get me wrong its the best I had seen but I need to make it better so to speak.

The wheels need a refurb as they have suffered the Rage syndrome it seems and I may get the bonnet done to get rid of the stone chips. Then it needs a good detailing which I will do as soon as :D

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well tried yesterday and failed but took a different approach after some guidance and got the gearknob off easy in the end, removed the old gaitor and fitted the new one pretty easily.

I can see why they wear so quickly, its only a very thin leather, this one should last as its a lot thicker and seems more hard wearing

Bargain off eBay as well and very good quality for the price

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
looks mint mate, especially with them number plate surrounds, where did you get them from btw? I'm looking to get the GP fitted also aswell as the mugen wing cos they just look beast together!

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
looks mint mate, especially with them number plate surrounds, where did you get them from btw? I'm looking to get the GP fitted also aswell as the mugen wing cos they just look beast together!

Got the surrounds off eBay

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Really good quality and very quick delivery.

Just a small addition, these came today at work so fitted one already. I am tempted to put it around the interior now as the carbon effect film really has come on since I last had some.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Looks good...where did you get your plates from?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.