2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got myself a type r. Has (except the last 3) a full dealer history, gearbox oil changes. Dealer Receipts coming out its ears. Notchy third gear. Doesn’t happen all the time, and never jumps out of gear. But does occasionally give the impression it’s in 3rd when it’s not so just grinds. Sounds great.
Anyway. What would you suggest would be the best thing to do here, second hand box, recon current one? Make demands to Honda? Go back to German cars? All suggestions welcome

I’m on the south coast if people are going to suggest garages etc

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just got myself a type r. Has (except the last 3) a full dealer history, gearbox oil changes. Dealer Receipts coming out its ears. Notchy third gear. Doesn’t happen all the time, and never jumps out of gear. But does occasionally give the impression it’s in 3rd when it’s not so just grinds. Sounds great.
Anyway. What would you suggest would be the best thing to do here, second hand box, recon current one? Make demands to Honda? Go back to German cars? All suggestions welcome

Third gear synchro is going. It needs replacing. There are transmission fluids out there that can reduce the effects but the bottom line is replacing that synchro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts

Third gear synchro is going. It needs replacing. There are transmission fluids out there that can reduce the effects but the bottom line is replacing that synchro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
782 Posts

Where did you buy it dealer or private?
Difficult to prove it's the synchro without costing work/money. Dealer would be liable under Consumer Protection regulations if you have bought it in last 6 months.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Possibly try some K-Tuned Gear Shifter Bushes to help with a more positive gear change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts