2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering whether there has been any reviews of the Type R when its had the optional 19's on. I'd be interested in having them if they did'nt ruin the ride.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I’ve said it a few times and I’ll say it again… It definitely will ruin the ride I have 18s on my 07 ctr and over uneven roads it's really bouncy 19s will be like a rollercoaster YOU’VE BEEN WARNED.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Why would it make it like a roller coaster? (ie up and down alot)

Surely it will just make the ride alot harder since the profile of the tyres is much thinner, they look like elastic bands:

Stole this pic of another forum (Sorry!) but as you can see there isn't much give in the tyre. So the only difference between a car with 18s and 19s is that there is less give in the tyre on the 19s resulting in a firmer ride.

But hey the 19s look much better imo.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wheels keep on getting bigger and bigger these days. Gone are the days I though 17 was the best for a hot hatch.

But 18 is a good compromise for a less bumpy ride.

·
Registered
308 Posts
what forum you get that pic from friend?
Its on the Civic Type-R forum matey under the 2007 Header. Quite a few pics of people who have got their Type-Rs on there.

My two fav pics so far are:

Think the front looks much nicer with the Type-R badging and love the 19" wheels. My car will look like the above merged together (ie 19s and badging)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its on the Civic Type-R forum matey under the 2007 Header. Quite a few pics of people who have got their Type-Rs on there.

My two fav pics so far are:

Think the front looks much nicer with the Type-R badging and love the 19" wheels. My car will look like the above merged together (ie 19s and badging)
Thats my car :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
HAHA yeah sorry for stealing the pic but well nice car! Have you picked it up yet?

Really can't wait for mine!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts