2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a few questions on the new Type R and I was wondering if anyone knew the answer, or could point me to where I could find the answer. I know that the Type R doesn't get released until March, but I have seen some specs, so help me out everyone.

1. What size are the wheels on the "base" R?

2. What options are available for the R?

3. What colors will the R be available in?

Thanks for the help.

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
1) 18 inch

2) 19"alloys
metallic paint
sat nav and hands free
obviously gt spec

3) black
red
silver
dark bronze
For Q2 The Sat Nav and HFT are Factory options; in the same way they are for the current car. I'm sure there will be other options like GT flames and turbo dump valves available[smilie=cheeky-grin:
For Q3 [URL]http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=723[/URL]
There's plenty of information around if you look.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet. Thanks for the info everyone. I would think that metallic paint would be standard. And no white or yellow? What is Honda thinking?

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
I reckon it would look absolutely stunning in white but the problem with white/yellow is that they can be hard to sell on, you either love it or hate it and white's a nightmare to keep clean! Still they have 3 months or so to change their mind!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I reckon it would look absolutely stunning in white but the problem with white/yellow is that they can be hard to sell on, you either love it or hate it and white's a nightmare to keep clean! Still they have 3 months or so to change their mind!
Yes that is true. I wanted to get my Civic in white, but decided against it since it wasn't a pearl paint. As for the 3 months to go, hopefully Honda realizes that the US needs a Type R and they bring it over here, but I highly doubt it.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
The Type R is to be offered with 'rally' spec!!!

JAS Motorsport of Italy are building the Civic for the 2007 European Rally season.

They are going to offer building similar models for re-sale or just the necessary bits so that you can build it yourself!

Still no ***** tho.!

"Time is what keeps everything from happening at once!"

Charles H.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts