2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

New here, due to pick up a new Type R GT on Saturday and got a call from the dealer yesterday telling me that there may be a delay due to them not getting the parking sensors from Honda:mad:

Car was ordered a 6 weeks ago and has been sat in the compound for the last 3 weeks, apparently the car is now in pieces with holes drilled in the bumber but no sensors to put in them! Due to this I can't even pick up the car without the sensors.

Dealer has told me that the sensors were ordered in good time but there appears to be a general shortage of sensors for the type r.

Just wondered if anybody else has experienced this or was aware that type r sensors are different to other civics.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I was told last week that mine were on back order from honda but thankfully the parts dept managed to get a set and they have now been fitted in time for me picking my car up on Saturday... It's a pity they cut the holes or you could have picked car up and got them fitted later. Hope you don't have to wait too long to get your car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, drilling the holes before they have the sensor seems crazy and it the most frustrating thing, well apart from the fact I won't have a new CTR to play with on Saturday! :mad:

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
They are the same itewm whatever one you order 5 dr, type S or R.

Tom

·
Registered
42 Posts
When I ordered last saturday the dealer has the option now to order the car with sensors allready installed by factory...maby that is why there is a delay in sensors going to dealers to be installed there...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had call from dealer this afternoon, sensors fitted and car ready to pick up at 10:00 tomorrow. Type R GT with 19" Alloys. Can't wait:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts