2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , i just recently swoped my cdti to a type r, it only has 12k on the clock but ive noticed that when the engine is cold, ie when 1st started , the car is very pinky/jerky when accelerating, once engine is warm its fine, i asked onda about it and they say tis is normal , anybody else find this??

thanks

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Try using a premium unleaded petrol such as Shell V Power. Lots of anecdotal evidence on here that it makes the engine run smoother.
Whether it gives better performance and/or mpg is much more open to debate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i tried using v-power, ran the same, but after useing the search i think my problem is pretty normal, thanks for fast reply

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
When mine is cold its pretty jerky too.... couple of minutes later its fine so you've nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yeah I found the higher octane definitely helps. Only seems to occur for me when applying full throttle when cold. Usually I try and drive gentle when cold and therefore never notice the jerkiness

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
mines same, noticed more with my k&n apollo in but fine after 2 mins

·
S2000 AP1
595 Posts
smokeR; have you noticed any other difference with that drop-in? i.e. noise and/or performance?
Hi There,

Cannot hear any difference in noise but I have got the Miltek fitted. The engine feels like its reving freeer through the range, cannot really feel any difference in power (prob getting 1 or 2 BHP max). Hope this helps. After removing the OEM filter, you can see how restrictive it is compared to HKS; heavier too.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
yup yup yup back to driving, how i missed it lol

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Hi There,

Cannot hear any difference in noise but I have got the Miltek fitted. The engine feels like its reving freeer through the range, cannot really feel any difference in power (prob getting 1 or 2 BHP max). Hope this helps. After removing the OEM filter, you can see how restrictive it is compared to HKS; heavier too.
Ok yea I know what you mean, can I ask why you haven't fitted an induction kit? I hear all this talk about getting flat spots during acceleration with any of the kits available and thats putting me off buying one; and thats why I was asking you about the panel filter.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
i dont get a flat spot once the engine is warm, infact i dont really get a flat spot at all, just the juddering when the engine is cold like the others have stated

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Ok twig, your reckon all this flat spot caper is crap with your K&N apollo anyway? Was it hard to fit/take much time?
well when its warm, i dont get any problems at all, i love to v-tec it and hear the extra growl!

it was easy to fit really, im crap at fitting things like that, it took me and my brother 30 mins to fit it

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Ive the K&N Apollo fitted to mine and I dont have any flat spots either

·
S2000 AP1
595 Posts
Ok yea I know what you mean, can I ask why you haven't fitted an induction kit? I hear all this talk about getting flat spots during acceleration with any of the kits available and thats putting me off buying one; and thats why I was asking you about the panel filter.

IMO the available induction kits are not worth it. Gruppe M too expensive. I can see the K&N Apollo being ok as it delivers the same volume of air, is a closed filter and uses the exsting pipework as regards to the delivery of air the filter. Open cones will produce noise and small amounts of power at the top of the range but not worth it IMO. :worms:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Intake

GruppeM works better with stock car than tunned. With my setup GruppeM is slightly less noticable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts