2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new here i own a 53 reg Honda civic type R and have a serious problem. The car has been loosing power as you hit the 6000rpm barrier on corners and then as i hit a straight it begins to accelrate normally, this has been happening for a week now.
I was driving home this evening accelerating through the gears when i hit about 70 round a corner it started to lose power then as i hit a straight it started accelerating again then all of a sudden it revved really high and lost all power and wouldn't accelerate and the engine management light came on. I immediatly pulled over and stopped the car, i let it cool down for a while but the engine management light stayed on i drove off slowly home and the engine started to make a tapping noise as i was slowly accelerating. The car is now on the driveway and im unsure what the problems is.
The engine had the right amount of oil in it and hadn't overheated. Has anyone else had this type of problem occur? The car's only done 49,000 miles and had a service 8 months ago, any advice would be greatly appreciated am i looking at a huge bill?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Simon

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
53 plate??? Are you on the correct bit of the forum matey? You're talking EP3 me thinks, but we are FN2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts