2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some advice, I was thinking of installing this Type R centre light light, I have seen this in operation and was just wondering where is the fog light as someone did an exchange and they used one of the reversing lights as a fog light on the drivers side, so this light centre light where is the fog light usually in the type r.

Attachments

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
With the type-R panel the fog light is in the drivers side tail light. Easy mod to do you can either turn one of the reverse lights into a fog light or purchase the proper tail/fog light as there are plenty on feabay

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
The thing is if you buy the R tail lights then you will lose a brake light. If you only get the drivers side tail light then you will have 2 brake lights on the near side, one in the middle and one on the right... Unless you but both tail lights in which case you will lose a brake light either side... It starts to become expensive when you need the center panel and both tail lights which is why I chose not to do it!!!!

Reactions: Creiborum

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the type-R panel the fog light is in the drivers side tail light. Easy mod to do you can either turn one of the reverse lights into a fog light or purchase the proper tail/fog light as there are plenty on feabay

Hey just wondered about this centre light regarding the fog light would you have a link for such a tail light and fog light combo.

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing is if you buy the R tail lights then you will lose a brake light. If you only get the drivers side tail light then you will have 2 brake lights on the near side, one in the middle and one on the right... Unless you but both tail lights in which case you will lose a brake light either side... It starts to become expensive when you need the center panel and both tail lights which is why I chose not to do it!!!!
God Honda do not make things easy do they why they couldn't have kept the centre light with the fog would save a whole lot of trouble but then they are not stupid they know of us upgraders and hey presto chin chin at the tills. God this is turning out expensive indeed.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
All you have to do is rewire it no need to replace the near side
If you still want both reverse lights then buy the dual tail/fog light

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
I didn't think it was worth losing 2 brake lights for tbh.

The reason they moved the fog light was to keep the panel all silver. The brake lights are removed as I believe you can't have fog lights within a certain distance of the brake lights.... I think!!!!

Reactions: Creiborum

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the one you would need but this one is marked there are other but I just used that one as an example mate

HONDA CIVIC Offside Rear Inner Light Tail Lamp Drivers Side 3 & 5 Door 06 - 12 | eBay
Thank you for the link, so I take it the combo meaning the OS or drivers side contains both the brake light and fog light in the one housing or is it like that on the passenger side as well.

Thank you wardy for the link never knew this fitting existed, until now or should I say until you pointed it out.

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't think it was worth losing 2 brake lights for tbh.

The reason they moved the fog light was to keep the panel all silver. The brake lights are removed as I believe you can't have fog lights within a certain distance of the brake lights.... I think!!!!
It looks to me that the brake and fog light are in the one housing, as my current rear light cluster like this one has only one fitting and that if for the brake light where as this one has two fittings unless I have got it wrong?

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
No thats right fella thats what im saying if you go for the clear type-r panel then you will also need one of these.
Wardy

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No thats right fella thats what im saying if you go for the clear type-r panel then you will also need one of these.
Wardy
Are these light fittings the same on both sides meaning drivers side and passenger do both sides have this fog light setup or is it only the drivers side, that has this fitting for the fog light, and I promise this is my last question you will be glad to hear.

You have been a fantastic help.

Thanks Wardy

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
The R tail lights are just side lights, no brakes, but the drivers side has the fog light in.

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The R tail lights are just side lights, no brakes, but the drivers side has the fog light in.
So if I use this fitting and have the same setup as I have now if I put a light in for use as a fog light and still use my current setup as a brake & side light can I use this light setting as a fog light with use in this lens.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts