2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Have you tried fading front to rear? Are you getting any crackling or anything in the rear speakers?

I would think it unlikely that it will be the speakers or wiring but probably the stereo itself. If this is the case, there are places you can send your HU for repair or a good opportunity to replace it with something better.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
It is difficult to test without getting to the back of the HU, the fact that it's both rears makes me think it's the HU.

Cheap option is to wire in an amp and run both sets of speakers via a LOC.

Prefered option is buy a touchscreen double din & fascia for £300 which is a huge improvement in usability, capability and sound.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
There is no fuse for the speakers. There is an ISO plug on the back of your new HU which is plugged into the connects2 adapter to your car speaker wiring. The wires for both front and rear speakers are all in that plug so cant understand why only the rears are affected unless either the wiring to both rears has been cut or both speakers are blown. If the speakers were blown, you would still get crackling/rattling from them.

What (if any) noise do you get when you fade all the way to the rear speakers? If you're not the original owner, it would be worth taking off one of the rear speaker covers and having a look, it's really easy on the 3 door and there is a good guide on here.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/9294-rear-speakers-replacement-coaxials-3-door.html

How to Tell If Your Car Speakers Are Blown: 5 Steps - wikiHow

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I'm at a loss if you say they used to work and they suddenly stopped but they fronts are fine. I think you need to take one out and see if a previous owner has done anything.

I'm assuming there is no aftermarket amplifier hiding somewhere?

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
If you have unrated the head unit chances are you have blown the speakers, I know mine in the rear drivers side has gone it will be getting turffed out as soon as I can be bothered to brave the cold and fit my new ones lol

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
If the speakers had blown, they would still rattle. To get nothing from either is really strange if they used to work and having replaced the head unit.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
If the speakers had blown, they would still rattle. To get nothing from either is really strange if they used to work and having replaced the head unit.
Mine too all worked fine with the oem headunit, swapped it out for a double din shoving 4x50watts up em didn't take long before one gave up the ghost, if you over juice em and and fry the voice coil you get no sound at all, believe me ive fried some subs in my time lol

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I know what you are saying and I'm sure with enough power you can totally destroy them.

However the OP first had the problem with only the standard head unit fitted and no amplifier so that's not going to fry anything.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm at a loss if you say they used to work and they suddenly stopped but they fronts are fine. I think you need to take one out and see if a previous owner has done anything.

I'm assuming there is no aftermarket amplifier hiding somewhere?
One previous owner and was female so doubt they done anything but will check any way. If they have had anything done to them, what next?
And if they haven't been modded?

No there isn't one of them either :(

sent from my Xperia Z

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so it turns out that back speAkers never worked. I asked my friends who sit in the back always and said they never did. Just took the rear speakers out. And guess what?
They arent coconnected, oh and not only that there is no cabling for them behind the panel.
So someone has tooken the speakers out. Took the cables out and then must of put the speakers back in?!?

sent from my Xperia Z

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After further inspection. The speaker cable had been taken out of there and Fed into the boot on both sides.

The speaker cable is then connected to a black box that has infinity written on it.
So what I can assume. Previous owner had 6x9s installed using the speaker cable from the rears. And never put it back, as when I bought the car there was no parcel shelf....
Connected rears back up and everything is grest :)

sent from my Xperia Z

1 - 16 of 16 Posts