2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what rev do they come on? I have turn the rev indicator and i-Vtec warning light on but nothing happen, even at 8k rpm. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
You can rev to 8000rpm on a dielsel?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ha ha, funny enough I forgot to change spec under my sig, picked the type R up last night. Anyway, I've notice that the rev indicator only come on after you rev pass 7000rpm, is this normally as diesel is come on a lot lower.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
yeh sounds about right, the vtec light comes on at 5500rpm if its stock map. vtec light should be easy to come on.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Once u get the car mapped the lights are pointless a you reach the 5th rev ball before you have to shift :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
What does the Rev light and i-Vtec indicator do?

Hi,

I'm new to the Type R so could someone please explain what the rev light and i-Vtec indicator do.

Thanks.

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
When you hit vtec (5500 revs) the little red light comes on although the feel and sound of the engine will tell you.
The orange rev indicator lights come on in pairs as you approach the redline.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I-vtec light

Hi Guys,

New to forum & I've had my type r for approx 6months. I have the I-VTEC Light disabled, is it easy to turn it on in the on-board computer?

·
geekess
3,638 Posts

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
my ivtec light to the right of speedo is on constant
but can feel the vtec kick in at about 5500 and rev lights come on just before red line
is it normal for my i vtec light to be on constant

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
but can feel the vtec kick in at about 5500 and rev lights come on just before red line
The iVtec lettering will always be lit when the indicator is turned on via the steering wheel controls.

The Vtec indicator is a round dot that comes on when Vtec engages. I think it is just underneath the iVtec lettering.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
been remapped?

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
no mate no remap
only had the car a couple of months turned the i vtec lettering on with cars computer but didnt realise there is also the i vtec indicator light,
so when everyone is talkin about the i vtec indicator im thinking they are talking about the lettering........DOH
got me panicing cuz its on constant as it should be lol[smilie=blush.gif]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got my I-VTEC light on after playing around with the settings - big thanks to R-2 & Dimplyred for the info.

Took it out after changing the settings just to try it out :), although afterwards when I got out the car, there was burning and strange click noise coming from my rear drivers wheel - weird!

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Got my I-VTEC light on after playing around with the settings - big thanks to R-2 & Dimplyred for the info.

Took it out after changing the settings just to try it out :), although afterwards when I got out the car, there was burning and strange click noise coming from my rear drivers wheel - weird!
i love that smell

1 - 20 of 21 Posts