2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just collected my Type R yesterday and i immediately noticed that the belt is rubbing the seat.

I used the search function and found a lot of threads where people complain it's hard to reach, but no comments on rubbing?

Doesn't this rubbing damage the seats within a few km?

Is there a solution?

(For the record:
The 2008 CTR feels much more solid build than my 2006 Civic 1.4 FK1, for now, no creaks, ..... let's hope it stays this way)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Strange enough I only noticed this a few days ago, nearly 6 months down the line and there is a shine-y patch coming through. Made worse I feel by leaving the seat belt hooked over the seat instead of replacing to where it should be.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yep, me too. May look a bit of a mess after a couple of years.

Shame, because seats are brilliant otherwise. Really need a plastic seat belt guide in the top corner to keep things in check.

I'm sure I saw a post recently where someone had fabricated their own one using a BMW seat belt guide...

·
i-VTEC Junkie
183 Posts
Yep, me too. May look a bit of a mess after a couple of years.

Shame, because seats are brilliant otherwise. Really need a plastic seat belt guide in the top corner to keep things in check.

I'm sure I saw a post recently where someone had fabricated their own one using a BMW seat belt guide...
They did, but it wont fit the R, as it has integrated headrest, the Type-S etc have normal headrest's.

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
I would rather put up with it. I don't like the look of the botched protective wrap.:(

2 out of 10 for presentation

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would rather put up with it. I don't like the look of the botched protective wrap.:(

2 out of 10 for presentation
Whereas a worn seat would look marvellous, especially when you come to sell it

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Since it was first posted on here about some seats being rubbed by the belts, I often take a gander at the position of the belts when they are being worn.
I am 6ft and have the seat right back, but they dont seem to touch the seat. Funny :confused:
Those BMW seat grabbers of Tom's, certainly keep them away from the top of the seats, though as said, no good for the "R".

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Since it was first posted on here about some seats being rubbed by the belts, I often take a gander at the position of the belts when they are being worn.
I am 6ft and have the seat right back, but they dont seem to touch the seat. Funny :confused:
Those BMW seat grabbers of Tom's, certainly keep them away from the top of the seats, though as said, no good for the "R".
Same here, when i have the seat belt on it clears the seat by about 40mm.

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Whereas a worn seat would look marvellous, especially when you come to sell it
True but i hope this should be covered under warranty, so if mine wears i'll give it a try then.

I have noticed that the seat belt doesn't touch the top of my seat, maybe its because i'm 6"2' and the seat belt height is adjustable on the pillar. It does rub at the bottom where it fastens.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I noticed that it was likely to become a problem in mine (I'm Nearly 6ft 4 but I have the seat back pretty upright.) so I had some covers made (By my mum, who is excellent at making anything that involves sewing!) out of some black leather look material. I'll try and remember to post some photos at some point. They even have the red stitching running through them to match the seat edges!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I noticed that it was likely to become a problem in mine (I'm Nearly 6ft 4 but I have the seat back pretty upright.) so I had some covers made (By my mum, who is excellent at making anything that involves sewing!) out of some black leather look material. I'll try and remember to post some photos at some point. They even have the red stitching running through them to match the seat edges!
Excellent, do they have a red "R" embroidered on them as well?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed this too about 2 days ago at the carwash :(

really sucks, but I dont think theres anything I can do about it, because I like the looks of the seats and I dont want to cover them up!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a shiny bit too and was thinking a little strip of velcro or sticky electrical tape might just work at saving the seat without being too noticeable.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Anyone tried rapping the belt in black leccy' tape??? Or using those slide on covers you get at Halfrods or ebay, they may just be enough to stop the belt rubbing.

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
When I was on ebay, buying my Alloy Wheel repair kit ( my post 12th April, if anyone is interested ;)), I saw some seat belt sleeves, with the Type R logo on them.
They were on the Honda Civic- all list.
Found them, but the Type R ones have gone. :- item number 320238095282.

·
Registered
136 Posts
When I was on ebay, I saw some seat belt sleeves, with the Type R logo on them.
Bit boy racer though, and have the added disadvantage that they make the belt slow/impossible to retract when you take it off.

I tried sticking a bit of black tape on the seat yesterday and while yes it seems to protect the seat ok and the belt just rubs over it without pulling it off, it looks stupid imo. I think slightly worn alcantara is the best or only option to be honest.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts