2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
306 Posts
You all should use "search button", guys........we already talked about this.

Type-r Seats have same fixing points of 5 door's civic, Every civic 06-2011 can fit them without any modification.

·
Go with the Flo...
1,139 Posts
Yes they do. Without any modification, just a straight swap. I wouldn 't swap the rear seats though, as the Type R seats only have 2 seatbelts...
they wont match then though? id want matching fronts and rears even if it ment i lost a seatbelt! infact i fit EP3 seats in my EP2 and lost the middle rear belt but didnt need it!

As for buying from honda, thats brave! id expect them to be at least £1k per seat?!

you can pick the set up for £700, try ebay. :)

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
they wont match then though? id want matching fronts and rears even if it ment i lost a seatbelt! infact i fit EP3 seats in my EP2 and lost the middle rear belt but didnt need it!
Doesn't this cause a problem with the DVLA or whoever though?

I remember reading something on one of the threads Italian_Steve mentioned that by fitting Type R seats you're changing the 'class' of the car from a 5 seater to a 4 seater? Or does it not matter?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
think your right about the dvla thing...your changing the car from a 5 seater to a 4 seater so you would need to inform your insurance etc i would have thought...its the same if you take the rear seats out (to loose weight or whatever) you need to inform insurance...which is why, when i eventually fit harness's, im fitting dual connection harness's and just dropping my rear seats down, therefore not actually modifying the car as if i need the seats i can quickly disconnect the harness and lift the seats back up and then use my normal belts :D magical

·
Registered
63 Posts
Glad to hear that this mod will fit a 5door Civic. One fo the many mods I'll add to my 5 door as and when I get it. Got to get rid of my EP2 first though.:)

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Do I understand correctly that there is no heating with TypeR seats?
Not as standard, but I don't see why you couldn't put an aftermarket jobbie in them.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
i am having trouble keeping an eye out for leather interior for 5 door car . does anyone else know what other leather seats will fit the 2007 civic seat rails.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts