2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I’d share some info on FN2 CTR side Decal fitting.

I fitted EBAY purchased TYPE R decals from: Link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271007015588?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The size of each decal is 264mm x 49mm each

Pictures make them look a little funny[smilie=damn.gif]

Placement:
I believe that the standard placement dimensions are; 13cm in from where the wheel arch meets the side skirt and 5cm up from the bottom of the door.
However I used 10cm in from where the wheel arch meets the side skirt 5cm up from the bottom of the door, as in my opinion it looks better that way?

Fitting:
1) Clean the area with washing up liquid based water solution.
2) Rinse and dry.
3) Use masking tape to create a straight edge 5cm up from the bottom of the door (Get this bit right) Link: http://youtu.be/-O3P-ELT_H8
4) You use masking tape to mark the area you want the first letter of the decal to start.
5) Carefully remove the backing strip from the decal.
6) Keeping the decal tight to avoid bubbles forming, very carefully, using two hands and the masking tape as a guide, place it on the car.
7) Rub it with soft cloth, starting in the middle and working towards the edges.
If you have bubbling, a plastic card (bankers card) can be use to remove these by slowly working the bubble to the edge of the decal.
8) Once you’re happy, remove top cover and the rub with soft cloth.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hmmm, they're linked to my alblum on here. Can you see the pictures if you click on them? :confused:
It should take you to the album.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Syx

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Looks good, but the LH one looks a bit wonky *runs away*

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,663 Posts
Thought I’d share some info on FN2 CTR side Decal fitting.

I fitted EBAY purchased TYPE R decals from: Link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271007015588?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The size of each decal is 264mm x 49mm each

Pictures make them look a little funny[smilie=damn.gif]

Placement:
I believe that the standard placement dimensions are; 13cm in from where the wheel arch meets the side skirt and 5cm up from the bottom of the door.
However I used 10cm in from where the wheel arch meets the side skirt 5cm up from the bottom of the door, as in my opinion it looks better that way?

Fitting:
1) Clean the area with washing up liquid based water solution.
2) Rinse and dry.
3) Use masking tape to create a straight edge 5cm up from the bottom of the door (Get this bit right) Link: http://youtu.be/-O3P-ELT_H8
4) You use masking tape to mark the area you want the first letter of the decal to start.
5) Carefully remove the backing strip from the decal.
6) Keeping the decal tight to avoid bubbles forming, very carefully, using two hands and the masking tape as a guide, place it on the car.
7) Rub it with soft cloth, starting in the middle and working towards the edges.
If you have bubbling, a plastic card (bankers card) can be use to remove these by slowly working the bubble to the edge of the decal.
8) Once you’re happy, remove top cover and the rub with soft cloth.

Don't forget to re-apply your wax over the area you have washed with washing up liquid ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good, but the LH one looks a bit wonky *runs away*
It does look a bit off in the photo, but it is true and level.
I think it’s just the slope on the drive and the camera angle

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Are these genuine? Because when I got mine the shape of the sticker outside matched the shape of the car so lined up perfect

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After market ones. Genuine Honda Decals come with a template so you can't really go wrong.
All Decals can be taken off if they're not put on correctly or unwanted.

Link
(I just use my fingers and not a scrapper though)

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
thanks for sharing! ;-)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts