2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody point me in the direction of some pictures of a 2007 Type-R with the side decals added please?

Any opinions if you have seen the new Type-R with them added would also be appreciated.

I am trying to decide whether to have these put on the car.

I have a deep-bronze on order.

(this is my first post - hello everybody
I am so excited about getting the car
)

Rich

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
They are on here somewhere.........

Hi Rich and welcome.
I collected my first ever Type R today and I can assure you, like many others have mentioned, it is worth the wait.
As regards your question, you will have to trawl through the site.
They are on here as I remember seeing them somewhere, but I am not brilliant on retrieval.
Hopefully someone far more PC literate than I, will read this and supply a link.
I personally am not going to put them on, I like it as it is.
Really pleased.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Welcome to the site , the CTR is well worth the wait. I waited 17 weeks & finally got mine last week.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I sent an e mail to the guy that does them on e bay, asking if he would knock out some for a Civic type S GT, with the gt intergrated into the S, as if added on, I think the strip would be too long.
Waiting for a reply. :cool:

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Hi Rich,

Welcome to the forum!
The Type R is well worth the wait you will love it!
I had the same dilemma about the side decals myself. In the end for me it boiled down to a relatively simple question:

Do you need to advertise to the world that you have a Type R making it more obvious to any idiot that wants to 'have a go'. Why not just let the red H and the single logo on the back and the performance, handling and sound of the car do the talking?

Any one that knows their type R's will recognise it immediately without any more than the red H on the front (I have been flashed and waved to by loads of Integra, Accord and Civic Type R owners in my area)

So I have decided to leave them off, for me its about actions speaking louder than words.

Perhaps the moderators could have a poll set up to see what peoples opinions are, something like:

I drive a Type R with the side decals and front badge
I drive a Type R without the side decals and front badge
I don't drive a Type R but think it should have the side decals and front badge
I don't drive a Type R but think it should not have the side decals and front badge

Either way I am sure you will make the right decision for you. Lets face it you have a Type R on order so you can't go far wrong ;)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I sent an e mail to the guy that does them on e bay, asking if he would knock out some for a Civic type S GT, with the gt intergrated into the S, as if added on, I think the strip would be too long.
Waiting for a reply. :cool:
was that Conrad from in here?

If so, there is a thread in Buying section with some variations - I think he put together a couple of R GT options... :D

And at a tenner, it's worth a punt to see how they look in the flesh :D

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
I got mine fitted today for free @ the stealers

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Perhaps the moderators could have a poll set up to see what peoples opinions are, something like:

I drive a Type R with the side decals and front badge
I drive a Type R without the side decals and front badge
I don't drive a Type R but think it should have the side decals and front badge
I don't drive a Type R but think it should not have the side decals and front badge

Either way I am sure you will make the right decision for you. Lets face it you have a Type R on order so you can't go far wrong ;)
Thank you for the welcome guys. :D

A poll would be really interesting. Who can set those up?
anyone can set a poll up :D

start a new thread, and before you hit 'post' scroll down and click the 'add poll' option :)
The next screen will let you add the questions (it defaults to 4, but you can change it :))

poll away! :D:D

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Well I have learned something today, I wondered where the options for this were. Guess I should read the screen more thoroughly :(

As a computer programmer I am always telling people to read what the program is telling them, guess I should listen to my own advice ;) I guess that I am too used to forums where only the moderators have access to these features to prevent abuse.

Rich, I am interested in this as I had a real dilemma over the decision and would like to know what others think, but it was your query that you initially made so, do you want to set up the poll?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi all,
Sorry I haven't got back to you Jack but my vinyl cutter was supposed to be in for repair whilst I was on my holidays. I got back to find the guy didn't even bother picking it up! I've got another guy sourcing a part for it at the moment. I can't produce anything for now and have run out of stickers I had stockpiled. Hopefully the guy can get me this part mid next week so I can get back on track.

Here's some of my stickers (although the ones on my car were protoypes and have been uprated - I also stuck them on squint doh!):

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's the point of decals? Your colour is similar to mine (I've got NHB) and trust me, you don't need decals to get anyone's recognition that it's a Type r. It screams -SPECIAL- on its very own but it's also treading a fine line: a lot of people say it's extreme and even more say it looks tacky. Inmy opinion adding bits and pieces like big stickers isn't a good idea.

·
Registered
429 Posts
why are you even asking? you should definatly have them if its the price thats easily handled if you talk to your dealer who will absolutly give you them for free if you buy, ask nicely

·
Banned
118 Posts
well as the ep3 has them on the side skirts i beleive they should be standard issue as it is the mark of the type r.
if your worried people noticing it more then you should've got something less noticeable ...like a mazda mps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you for the replies guys. I might try and set up some polls

I keep changing between going for the decals and grill badge on and off. I told me dealer to put them on this morning. I am tempted to get them and leave them off and see how it looks first. I guess that I can always put them after myself?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts