2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.
Got my 2007 Type-R in February and to put it in as few words as possible, I am loving it!
Never had any kind of performance car before but I am certainly a convert now. Granted it’s a little rough around the edges due to the age however, still in very good condition.

So, first question I have is to do with a sound system upgrade. Looking at Connects2 CTKHD01 fitting kit for the Pioneer AVH A210BT or similar.

Would be great to hear any thoughts and any good online resources that aren't overpriced.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi and congratulations! The Fn2 is a sweet car indeed.

I went for a pioneer AVH-x3800 with connects2 my self, and I'm very pleased with how it sounds now. It was a big step up from the stock radio. Cannot comment on the one you mention, but I have had several pioneers in the past and always been pleased.

One thing to note though is that Pioneer stopped supporting Spotify direct with android, so its not as simple as it was before. You can still play your songs over Bluetooth, but not with the Spotify interface included in the stereo I have. Ita a shame as it was an advertised feature I bought the player for.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Recommend adding a 10 or 12" sub with a crossover set to around 75hz and a hpf set on the door speakers. This will drastically improve the sound as woofers no longer have to work as hard as they no longer produce sub 45hz sound. Generally, cleans up the sound signature.

The power is up to you, but i find 300wrms is a decent mark for those who are weary of installing a sub (recommend JL audio equipment).

For the door speakers, try out the morel maximo components, they have a softer higher end so arent fatiguing at louder volumes. When installing these, add sound deadening inside the door cards too!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very happy with the new system however, whats the best way to update the standard dash clock/date ?
When installing the new system the orginal Civic readout reverted back to the date of manufacture - 2008!
Not great quality photo but you get the idea*

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts