2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my car hopefully on the 12th March, have been giving the spare wheel or lack of it some thought.
Ive never had a car that didnt have one, and whilst ive managed to drive around for the past 5 years ive never had a puncture - but ive always had a spare.

I know Honda give us this foam stuff that you can use to repair the tyre and is good for approx 50 miles of use, however i read somewhere that most of the puncture repair places WILL NOT repair a tyre that has this foam stuff in

So was thinking the spacesaver might be a better option £120 for a spacesaver against say perhaps 1-2 new tyres £300ish

Although ive opted for the 19s rage alloys, do honda make bigger spacesavers:confused: and if they do, would it fit in the space in the boot?

I do hope Honda have thought of this already:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
21,166 Posts
I have been reading the manual with regard to the spare wheel, which I have ordered.

According to the manual, any puncture over 4mm is unlikely to be fixed by the TRK, as is sidewall damage, rips, tears, etc.

You really could get caught out without the spare (IMHO).

I know punctures are rare but that's when sod's law kicks in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I was doing the deal I was told the Type R Spare Wheel hasn't been released.

He suggested the 5dr version does not fit????

I now suspect it might, but if its like the existing Type R (EP3) Space saver spare it will only fit on the rear wheels due to the large brake callipers on the fronts.

So in the event you have front puncture you have to swap it with a rear wheel and but the spare on the rear. Great during the night in the rain on the side of a motorway.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
my immediate reaction was :confused:

but yes, your comment about the larger discs would make a lot of sense :D

well, is an much as it would explain why the spare wouldn't fit - it makes no sense to provide a spare that doesn't :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts