2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've read a load of posts about replacing Type S and FN1 springs with Type R springs from the FN2.

I've seen it can get you 10-15mm of lowering but I haven't really seen much about how the ride quality is affected. I know it should stiffen everything up but does anyone have any experience driving on the CTR springs on other models and does it make the car much less comfortable?

Any help would be appreciated. Have a chance to get some for very little money and thought the small drop could help the look of my new wheels for next to nothing.

Edited: I messed up a sentence

·
i-Vtec
5,387 Posts
Be aware there is an 80kg weight difference(According to Parkers) between the 1.8 Type S and a Type R. Its ok saying the type R is 15mm lower but that's only with the same weight over them. Less weight may not compress them as much making the car sit higher at the front than the rear, it may also lead to a bouncy ride too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That all makes sense, thanks I hadn't considered bounciness. I was also taking into account people's reports rather than just the 15mm ride height difference, most have said around a 10mm change which would make sense including the weight difference.

I'm fully aware the ride could be absolutely terrible in a handful of different ways, this is why I'm asking. Lots of people have spoken about their experiences with the aesthetics of the swap but it's unlikely I'll be making the change without hopefully hearing from at least 1 of them about the resulting ride comfort, bounciness or bumpiness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.