2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, had my Type R a few days now, i've noticed whenh i turn on the ignition key that the fan ALWAYS starts up. Is this normal? this is from a cold start, any time day/night. This happen with you guys? :confused:

Also what is the best way to keep the qualityn seats in the car clean?!

Loving the car by the way!!!! Can't stop looking at it!!!!

Happy christmas ALL!!!! :rolleyes:

Dean

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Hmmm, if its the fans for the aircon/heating and windscreen then you have to switch them off before you turn the igniton off so next time you get in they don't start :) They don't reset themselves to off and its a pain first thing in the morning when its already cold enough he he ;)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hmmm, if its the fans for the aircon/heating and windscreen then you have to switch them off before you turn the igniton off so next time you get in they don't start :) They don't reset themselves to off and its a pain first thing in the morning when its already cold enough he he ;)
I was hoping he didn't mean the blower fan Angie. If he does then I don't think he should be in charge of a Type R. [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Oh yes and keeping seats clean in what way? I have that diamondbright stuff on them at the moment which is a god send. How I would have loved Leather like my old car then you could just give that a good wipe down. If you get a mark on the black then let whatever it is dry and then remove it by a sude brush. If its just general then just an occasional hoover should suffice.

Also get a microfiber cloth to clean the cover over the rev counter and the clock/radio display and speedo as they can scrath easily as someone has warned me. Tried the microfiber cloth yesterday, worked a treat :)

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And the best way to keep the seats clean is to stop wetting yourself!! :)
Trev that will be you when you get urs!!!!! lol

I'm quite sure it is the fan, but i will check when i next get in, No one else having this noise i assume from the replys?

I will invest in a cloth! :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Trev that will be you when you get urs!!!!! lol

I'm quite sure it is the fan, but i will check when i next get in, No one else having this noise i assume from the replys?

I will invest in a cloth! :rolleyes:
I started mine up the other day to demist the windows and while I was outside the car I did notice something was cutting in and out intermittantly, not sure what it was though, I've not noticed anything apart from the noise from the petrol pump when I turn the key before pressing the button. :confused:

Oh and before anyone asks, I did chock the wheels with bricks before taking it out of gear to start it up just to be on the safe side. Much to the amusement of my neighbour :oops:

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whilst it is running i hear it cut in and out, i know this is normal, maybe it is the pump i hear, but is that not just a quick sound and then stops?

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Whilst it is running i hear it cut in and out, i know this is normal, maybe it is the pump i hear, but is that not just a quick sound and then stops?

Yes, before you start the car, the petrol pump only runs for a short time to pressurise the fuel system.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I've had this and it was driving me mad trying to work out what it was! On my car it was that engine fan, if you have your heater set on AUTO or the aircon on then the engine fan will cut in and out. The aircon produces alot of heat so the engine fan cuts in and out to cool the engine down, this is normal! I had the same thing on my previous car a Peugeot 306. The aircon will switch on if you use the aircon, have the heater set on Auto, or have the windscreen demister on. I hope this helps. You better not be talking about the blower fan from inside the car! LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts