2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone considered changing their steering wheel for an aftermarket wheel?

With the electrics/integrated controls, and the airbag obvious issues - how would one go about such a change?

This isn't a what's wrong with the original? so keep that one instead of changing thread.

If anyone has any ideas - how to's I'd be interested as I'm looking into a couple of aftermarket steering wheels.

I've seen a couple of FN2's running aftermarket's like OMP.. so it can be done, just keen to ascertain how..

Cheers

Want a Key's Racing or Nardi Wheel. May look into a removable wheel :cool:

·
Registered
391 Posts
nah not really considered it. An aftermarket one wouldn't fit too well with the rest of the dash, i'd miss the controls, and i value the airbag.

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
nah not really considered it. An aftermarket one wouldn't fit too well with the rest of the dash, i'd miss the controls, and i value the airbag.
Completely agree. I actually like the design of the civic's wheel, and I really would not want to be without the controls and airbag

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I like the idea of not having my face mangled by some of the aftermarket options should that time come!

What the hell is wrong with the standard wheel anyway?

I think its the best wheel i have ever had, even beating a Momo Corse i had years ago before airbags were out, I would rather spend a few hundred pounds on other areas of the car frankly!

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fordy, obviously didn't read the first post... :rolleyes: it's not a what's wrong with the original steering wheel thread, did highlight this... So if it ain't topic, don't waste your breath... Read the first post, if your keen on replying ;-)

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
I'd have to say that I quite like the steering wheel as is, although if its missing something its definitely some illumination. I reckon it needs maybe a glowing red H or something...

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
From what I have seen and used briefly, the standard wheel is of good quality and is nice to both look at and use.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Touge have a J's racing carbon inlay for the steering wheel listed as an FD2 part, which I'm sure would fit the FN2 wheel.

It's a carbon replacement part for the gunmetal trim on our standard wheels; this may well be my next purchase after my Key's Racing gear knob although I'm very wary of trying to get the existing trim off without having a major airbag injury incident.

Still, worth thinking about if anyone is interested in a little bling on the standard FN2 wheel.

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
The best thing I've seen is a Js steering wheel for the FN2. It looks very similar to the stick unit (without the controls), but is alcantra as opposed to leather. I reckon it carries mucho JDM points but Id rather stick with the oe wheel

1 - 19 of 19 Posts