2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am a new user in this forum. I am driving FN2 Type-R since 2008. Car is now 3,5 years old and has about 75 000 km on dial.

There has not been too many issues with the car. However there were few problems turning first years. All those things were changed with guaranty.
1) bearing in front wheel
2) interior plastic part was making noise
3) engine consumed a lot of oil and some gaskets were replaced.
4) rear brakes jammed and had were replaced as well.

Unfortunately there is a massive problem.
Car steers right and I have no idea why. In the city it is okay, but when you drive about 100 km/h it is frustrating. It just pulls right continuously.

I have spent a lot of money in service but they have not found the problem.

First of all they checked tire pressure and adjusted the front axle. Then changed tires from back to front. Then I tried the same thing with brand new summer tires (GoodYear Asymmetric). Then they adjusted the axles again. Still no solution. Now they are saying that there is no solution. The Honda dealer I visit has a funny name Catwees. They are really nice and friendly but it seems that they are not that good at finding problems.
I may go to second Honda dealer in Tallinn named Veho, but I am not optimistic about them as well.

So I would be really thankful if you know what may be the issue. Maybe someone has encountered such problems before. I have had no serious crashes what may cause frame damage. Also as I mentioned before the axle is adjusted as are the tire pressures.

WBR,

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Hey everyone,

I am a new user in this forum. I am driving FN2 Type-R since 2008. Car is now 3,5 years old and has about 75 000 km on dial.

There has not been too many issues with the car. However there were few problems turning first years. All those things were changed with guaranty.
1) bearing in front wheel
2) interior plastic part was making noise
3) engine consumed a lot of oil and some gaskets were replaced.
4) rear brakes jammed and had were replaced as well.

Unfortunately there is a massive problem.
Car steers right and I have no idea why. In the city it is okay, but when you drive about 100 km/h it is frustrating. It just pulls right continuously.

I have spent a lot of money in service but they have not found the problem.

First of all they checked tire pressure and adjusted the front axle. Then changed tires from back to front. Then I tried the same thing with brand new summer tires (GoodYear Asymmetric). Then they adjusted the axles again. Still no solution. Now they are saying that there is no solution. The Honda dealer I visit has a funny name Catwees. They are really nice and friendly but it seems that they are not that good at finding problems.
I may go to second Honda dealer in Tallinn named Veho, but I am not optimistic about them as well.

So I would be really thankful if you know what may be the issue. Maybe someone has encountered such problems before. I have had no serious crashes what may cause frame damage. Also as I mentioned before the axle is adjusted as are the tire pressures.

WBR,
1. Have you checked the front geometry? If there is a difference in toe, or the car is toe-ing out excessively one side it would pull in that direction, especially if it is pulling with the wheel dead straight. Also, rear toe could cause it too. It is even possible if the wheel is straight but was not set straight when the toe was set, i.e. dead ahead is actually slightly to the right! This is more often noticable on a long journey because you are correcting steering more on city roads and the camber on roads tends to be set one way or the other. On motorways, the middle lane is often the one to see if you have a tracking issue as it is the flattest, but that may not apply to every country (i.e. Estonia!)

2. Have you got a front limited slip differerential (LSD) ?

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I know in germany the roads lean to the right (so you would steer right) to allow better water drainage.

I notice on some roads it pulls slightly right, then some its bang on perfect.

Seeing as you have done the axles, geometry etc etc I'd most likly put it down to that.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
I know in germany the roads lean to the right (so you would steer right) to allow better water drainage.

I notice on some roads it pulls slightly right, then some its bang on perfect.

Seeing as you have done the axles, geometry etc etc I'd most likly put it down to that.
Could be the geometry is wrong though - you can't adjust rear toe for example without shims, so it could be some passive rear steer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts